3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   WLS Chat, TGIF and the weekend!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/25245-wls-chat-tgif-weekend.html)

debkay 02-28-2003 07:05 AM

WLS Chat, TGIF and the weekend!!

Hi guys..........don't wait for me to start our daily thread.........just jump right in and do it!!

Luna...........glad to hear John is doing well. Been thinking about the both of you.

peachie, I know you will be sooo glad when that ear clears up. 3/12.......is your next surgeon visit. What is this visit for??

If my morning is any indicator of how the day is going to go, I'm going back to bed. :lol: I started putting the dishes away from the dishwasher..........only problem, I never ran the dishwasher last night :rolleyes: Only noticed this after I had put all the dishes from the top rack away.

I may hit the mall today with a friend. I have not been to a mall in ages and ages. Just the walk from the car to the anchor store was enough to wear my butt out, forget walking in the mall. Now I can walk the whole mall........Oh the JOY of life after weight loss surgery. :dance: :dance:

I was flipping stations yesterday while folding a load of laundry and landed on the show called "the other side" or something like that. A show for women but hosted by men, the guy from "Saved by the Bell" and the red head from the Partridge Family. anyway......the were talking about wls......there was a doctor on there and he was doing a pretty good job, but some of the stuff out of the guests and hosts mouths about wls........just complete wrong information. They have done no research and they all think they know everything about it. Just chaps my bottom. :D

:wave: check in everyone and say hi!!

Pam if your reading this, please join in!! I spoke to Pam yesterday, a very delightful lady who is considering wls.

Have a wonderful day eveyone!

Debbie

jiffypop 02-28-2003 11:04 AM

good morning!!! this has to be quick, but i wanted to pick up on the OTHER SIDE comments. i like those guys. they have a website, and you can send email. now, of course you'll get a canned answer, but i think it's very very worthwhile to register your displeasure with their complete lack of knowledge.

who knows? you could appear on the show!!!!

and while we're on the subject of TV... while sweating on the exercise bike at the gym this morning [the trainers are making me do intervals!!!!!!!], al roker was on. and where is he??? and a food and wine show in miami!!!!! WHY WHY WHY????? of course, he agreed to do it, maybe even wanted to do it. but he's really sending the wrong message to WLS patients all over the country... he's implying that they can eat this stuff.. he's just about a year out, so he can, but people like john and leanna are a long way from this...

heavenswind 02-28-2003 07:12 PM

hey everyone! just wanted to say hello.

luna, i am glad everything is well. i will keep my fingers crossed for you and yours.

how long did it take all of you to get your date for surgery after you were approved? i think i am being impatient. i dont know.

1 of our fat people 02-28-2003 10:36 PM

Hello all! I haven't posted lately, sorry! I've been busy being snowed in! HAHA!

Well, I go for my psych eval and medical clearance on Monday! Hope I'm not CRAZY!

I have told the principal at my school that I will be absent for a while... kinda got the cold shoulder for a coupla days! Oh well...pretty soon they will be seeing a lot LESS of me!! LOL

Patty

justprazn2 03-01-2003 08:47 AM

Jiff - don't remind me!

I am having a 'struggle' with the food thing. I'm not HUNGRY at all but I WANT to eat something other than protein shakes, cottage cheese, and s/f popsicles! I added in the egg beaters this week - and they are OK but I want one of my old 'comfort' foods. This obsession doesn't last long - but I have a nightly ritual of going in to the kitchen and just 'looking' around. Hoping that there will be something I can eat. I have been pretty faithful - the ONLY think I have cheated in 3 weeks is one of those small little ritz crackers with peanut butter on it. I know, I know, I shouldn't have done it - but MAN did it taste GOOD.

I go back to my doctor next Friday - hopefully they will increase me to the stage 3 diet which adds in yogurt, tomato soup, and some other stuff. I'm ready for that. After a week or so of that I get advanced to the 'for life' diet. But that will be taking it slow too.

I've been feeling back to my old self again - except for the dressing changes (GROSS!!!) and taking the antibiotic (which gags me everytime!) I have to constantly think about eating and drinking or else the day flies by and I don't have enough time to get in this little pouch all that I need!

But hey I'll succeed since I am doing this the 'EASY WAY!'. I've enountered several people who are telling me that they lost weight the 'hard way' and that they are so happy that I can lose it the easy way. I don't know but major (and a few complications) doesn't seem like the easy way out to me. Yes, I am thankful for the tool - and I am happy to be on the losing side - but jeeze louise - why do people have to be like this?

DH says he is just going to punch the next person that says that. He held my hand through this whole ordeal - and says this wasn't EASY. Ah, my prince, to the rescue!

Hugs, Leanna

jiffypop 03-01-2003 11:48 AM

leanna... hang in there!!! the first three months SUCK [sorry to be so crude, but it's really true!!!] BUT IT WILL ALL END!!!! i promise. just take it day by day. little by little. and when you're feeling a bit better, treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure. it'll really lift your spirits and it's a great non-food reward.

i've found that i'm no longer a stress eater. it makes me sick!!! That's a good thing. isn't it? i hope?

and when you're on real food, remember: when all else fails, flounder and other soft fish are your friends!

OH. and about those little 'cheats': when i was about 5 months out, i confessed to my surgeon - with a huge amount of guilt - that i had eaten 2 M&Ms. and he said: how many??? and i repeated: 2 M&Ms. and then told him how guilty i felt. he told me to get over it. he said that 2 M&Ms never hurt anyone. but 2 big bags of them, well, that was a different matter.

so, the question is, do i tell him that i've managed to eat 6-7 of them every other week????? maybe not...

sounds like you're doing fine. a bit stressed, but fine... keep your wound clean and keep moving!!!

Ruthxxx 03-01-2003 12:07 PM

:wave: ...just so you know I lurk!

Luna3 03-01-2003 04:07 PM

I find what everyone has been told here to be so different! A few of you have talked about tomato soup, that is one of the BIG NOs for John. They told us it has way to much sugar in it. Very strange.

John is felling really good today, and can not wait for Tuesday so he can eat something "real", i.e., cottage cheese, protein shakes, etc.

He got some sleep last night and we all took a nap today. We are almost back to normal, well normal for us!