Home from the hospital (AGAIN!!)

• Well - I hope this is the last admission for me. I've had two subsequent admissions in the last two weeks. Both were for dehydration and fevers. This past Sunday evening the source of the infection reared it's ugly head! I developed an abcess underneath one of the incision sites. So - yup - you guessed it. It had to be opened twice and drained. It is still open and will remain open until it heals from the inside out. I am thankful to have finally found the source of the fevers - but I am tired of all of the PAIN.

Leanna
    Oh - but by the way on the losing side --- I've lost 19 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks post surgery!!!!!
  • Oh My, Leanna! I am sorry that you had to go through that, but I am glad that you found what was causing those fevers!!!!

Glad your home!

peach
  • I hope things take an upturn for you now. The pain issue sucks, but the weight loss should help ease it a bit. Perhaps now you're on your way to feeling better and start to enjoy your new life. Keep a happy thought............

Lorrie
  • GEEZ LOUISE!!!!! so glad they didn't keep you long, but what an awful experience!!! now, darlin. rest up. don't strain yourself. drink liquids. protein. thank happy, healthy thoughts, and we're with you all the way!!!!
  • Leanna, sorry to hear that you are going through this "healing from the inside out stuff." On a good note, glad they finally found the cause of your fevers. Now you can go about the businees of feeling better.

Debbie