3 weeks weightloss

• Hi ladies,
    I know every single person loses weight at a different rate, but I was curious if mine sounds "normal". I had surgery 3 weeks ago and I've lost 22lbs..but I've been at a stand-still for a week or so. Am I doing something wrong? I'm just not sure how much I should expect to lose in this time period.
  • I think I lost 20-something pounds in my first month post-op (and I started out at a higher weight than you). It's 110% normal to hit the first stall somewhere between 3-5 weeks as your body just takes a step back to try to figure out WTH happened! Your hormones, glycogen, digestive tract, and a number of other things are finaly starting to settle down from the initial roller coaster, and a stall for a couple weeks at this point is to be expected. Be patient (I know, easier said than done!)
  • Ditto to what Jill stated. I started off heavier than you and lost 20lbs in 4 weeks. I also hit a plateau around 3 weeks for about 8 or 9 days, but have been losing a steady 1lb every 2-3 days or so since.
  • Hang in there! Don't let this get you down mentally!
  • My mom & aunt had surgery & had the same tying happen.. So sounds normal to me theyve lost a lot now & are doing great! Just like you will!
  • Thank you all so much!