3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   VBLOC Therapy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/244535-vbloc-therapy.html)

Desertchick 06-09-2013 03:26 AM

I am turned on however I have only lost 20 pounds since I had my surgery in 9/2011. I am grateful I am turned on so that I don't have to make the decision about having surgery again. I have had to exercise and monitor every bit of food to lose the 20 pounds I have lost. Most of the people in my group have had good results soI am hopeful I will too at some point.

ksjoem 07-12-2013 11:48 AM

Anyone scheduled their surgery yet?

Lorislosinit 07-29-2013 07:14 AM

Not scheduled yet. I heard possibly September, but I am no longer holding my breath.

ksjoem 10-02-2013 12:47 PM

My surgery is scheduled for Oct.25 Anyone else?

ksjoem 10-22-2013 06:58 PM

Has anyone gone throughout the second surgery?

ksjoem 10-24-2013 05:40 AM

Hey Lorislosinit.....did you have your surgery? How are you doing?

ksjoem 10-27-2013 03:21 PM

Anyone still reading these posts? Just had my surgery and would like to chat with someone who had it too.......

Lorislosinit 10-28-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksjoem (Post 4868969)
Hey Lorislosinit.....did you have your surgery? How are you doing?

Ks -- how did your surgery go? No, I haven't had mine yet. I have the consult on 11/6. Not sure when the surgery will be after that. And, I have gained all my weight back, so I am feeling a desperate.

I'll let you know when mine is scheduled. Lori

ksjoem 10-29-2013 09:05 PM

Hey Lori, my surgery went very well. I am returning to work tomorrow but only working half a day. Of course the first day home was the worst! I must say that I definitely feel a difference this time. Nothing electrical wise but a feeling of tightness in my lower esophagus and stomach area. It seems like food stops and takes a long time to go down....thus feeling very full - which is a good thing! I am very glad I had it done. Good luck with your appt and get it done girl! Dont fret over the weight gain...I gained all but 15 pounds back. Ugh! I hope this thing works and I lose some weight! I go back Monday for my first weigh in so I will let you know how things go. Good to hear from you!

Lorislosinit 10-29-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksjoem (Post 4872829)
Hey Lori, my surgery went very well. I am returning to work tomorrow but only working half a day. Of course the first day home was the worst! I must say that I definitely feel a difference this time. Nothing electrical wise but a feeling of tightness in my lower esophagus and stomach area. It seems like food stops and takes a long time to go down....thus feeling very full - which is a good thing! I am very glad I had it done. Good luck with your appt and get it done girl! Dont fret over the weight gain...I gained all but 15 pounds back. Ugh! I hope this thing works and I lose some weight! I go back Monday for my first weigh in so I will let you know how things go. Good to hear from you!

I am so glad to hear things went well (and you feel a difference). So, about 4 days off worked for you? If I have any choice in the matter, I am thinking the Friday before Thanksgiving -- then I only will miss 2 days of work and be off for a week, but so far, the scheduling hasn't really been up to me. Good luck on Monday. I can't wait to get back in control!

ksjoem 10-30-2013 10:45 AM

Lori, if you tell them you want to do it that Friday, that should be enough time to get yourself together. 4 days was enough and I stopped taking the narcotic pain medicine yesterday so that I would be able to drive to work...just doubled up on my Tylenol but honestly, I wasn't in that much pain. Just every now and then I get a sharp pain around my incision. Today at work I've just felt tired - guess because I'm used to napping whenever I wanted. If I had time built up, I probably would have taken the rest of the week but I really would not have needed it - just to rest and let the incision heal more, that's all. I will say that you will have more holes, at least I did. Last time, I only had one above my belly button, one in the center of my stomach and near the incision site. Now I have 5! The newest once was right below the center of my breast area - like going to the bottom of my esophagus. That's also where I feel the "fullness" You know, as I write this, I bet we could have figured out that we were not "on" from the number of laproscopic holes we had. When my nurse called to check in, I asked her why I had so many more and she said that the extra holes were probably from hooking up the leads to the esophagus area...hmmmmmm, makes you think! As for your surgery, I would tell them when it would be a good time for you - that's what I did. Since I'm a teacher, I wanted to take a long weekend to get it done. Too bad all of this could not have been done over the summer when I had plenty of time, oh well! Oh, they did say that they will probably have a definite answer from the FDA between the end of December-January. If they are approved, everything is good to go. If not, then they will have to remove the device - gosh I hope not! Definitely don't want to go through that surgery for a third time! That breathing tube was the worst and is what I needed the most time to recover from. Took me 2 days to get my voice back. Anyway, sorry to be so long winded, just trying to give you as many specifics as possible - I know I like all the details LOL will check back soon....take care!

Lorislosinit 10-30-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksjoem (Post 4873124)
Lori, if you tell them you want to do it that Friday, that should be enough time to get yourself together. 4 days was enough and I stopped taking the narcotic pain medicine yesterday so that I would be able to drive to work...just doubled up on my Tylenol but honestly, I wasn't in that much pain. Just every now and then I get a sharp pain around my incision. Today at work I've just felt tired - guess because I'm used to napping whenever I wanted. If I had time built up, I probably would have taken the rest of the week but I really would not have needed it - just to rest and let the incision heal more, that's all. I will say that you will have more holes, at least I did. Last time, I only had one above my belly button, one in the center of my stomach and near the incision site. Now I have 5! The newest once was right below the center of my breast area - like going to the bottom of my esophagus. That's also where I feel the "fullness" You know, as I write this, I bet we could have figured out that we were not "on" from the number of laproscopic holes we had. When my nurse called to check in, I asked her why I had so many more and she said that the extra holes were probably from hooking up the leads to the esophagus area...hmmmmmm, makes you think! As for your surgery, I would tell them when it would be a good time for you - that's what I did. Since I'm a teacher, I wanted to take a long weekend to get it done. Too bad all of this could not have been done over the summer when I had plenty of time, oh well! Oh, they did say that they will probably have a definite answer from the FDA between the end of December-January. If they are approved, everything is good to go. If not, then they will have to remove the device - gosh I hope not! Definitely don't want to go through that surgery for a third time! That breathing tube was the worst and is what I needed the most time to recover from. Took me 2 days to get my voice back. Anyway, sorry to be so long winded, just trying to give you as many specifics as possible - I know I like all the details LOL will check back soon....take care!

WHAT?? hole near the esophagus?? How close? I had 5 small holes in various places around my belly. I wonder if the new ones will be near the old ones? Is your new incision on top of your old one? I am a teacher too (lots of teachers), and YES, I so hoped for a summer surgery. But, we have a furlough day the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so that Friday would give me plenty of time. Thanks for letting me know how you did - it's nice to have some "background knowledge." Are you meeting in groups yet? I'm crossing my fingers for both of us. I am really looking forward to feeling in control and taking some positive steps forward. I'll be 47 in January .... I don't have time to be unhealthy anymore. I'll let you know my date, and keep me posted on your progress.

Take care of yourself the rest of the week. Go slow. Your students will be fine. :)

ksjoem 10-30-2013 09:03 PM

Oops, not esophagus. I should have said top of my sternum...right below the center of my breasts. Haha maybe I should have taken a few more days lol. The dr said he would use the same holes but he did not...not sure why. Yes, he did cut over the same incision. It is super swollen this evening so I'm icing it tonight. I have only met 2 times for group sessions but they are bugging me to do more. Guess I gotta do it. I am the only teacher in my group here in Va and they are not very supportive of having to "try" and work around my school schedule. They give me a guilt trip every time because I can't do morning apps. I make my appt. for right after school....I guess it holds them up in the afternoon when trying to get out of there. But, they are the ones who are super slow!! Omg, are your meetings like that? If I get there at 3:00, it's close to 4:30 before I am finished. Ugh!!! This weekly visit stuff is for the birds! On a positive note, I am losing weight....according to my scale I am down 2.5 pounds since Friday woohoo! Will keep in touch....:) katherine

Lorislosinit 10-31-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksjoem (Post 4873436)
Oops, not esophagus. I should have said top of my sternum...right below the center of my breasts. Haha maybe I should have taken a few more days lol. The dr said he would use the same holes but he did not...not sure why. Yes, he did cut over the same incision. It is super swollen this evening so I'm icing it tonight. I have only met 2 times for group sessions but they are bugging me to do more. Guess I gotta do it. I am the only teacher in my group here in Va and they are not very supportive of having to "try" and work around my school schedule. They give me a guilt trip every time because I can't do morning apps. I make my appt. for right after school....I guess it holds them up in the afternoon when trying to get out of there. But, they are the ones who are super slow!! Omg, are your meetings like that? If I get there at 3:00, it's close to 4:30 before I am finished. Ugh!!! This weekly visit stuff is for the birds! On a positive note, I am losing weight....according to my scale I am down 2.5 pounds since Friday woohoo! Will keep in touch....:) katherine

Sorry! I visualized bottom of my throat -- but that was just initial panic. Our group does 2 meetings: one evening and one morning, so I attend the evening groups. I am a little nervous about fitting in the weekly appts again, but No School November and Winter Break is coming up, so that should help. I've had really good luck with my appointments. Usually on time, and actually, pretty quick. I am not sure if I am going to do the nutritionist appts again. Are you?

Congrats on the 2.5 pounds. You are on your way! :) Happy Friday!

ksjoem 11-01-2013 08:11 AM

Happy Friday to you! Were you given a choice with the nutrionalist appt? I was not....would definitely skip those if given the choice. That's what takes so long!! I am going to ask about that Monday. Did take today off....incision kinda swollen and I need the rest.