Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 04:02 AM   #1  
Slowly going crazy!

Default My latest Project

I haven't really posted this on the boards, but my SIL was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had a masectomy two weeks ago. (she's only 35 so it was a big surprise to her and us).

Anyways, I've been wracking my brain trying to find something to do that would help in her fight in some way (besides being the comic relief on the phone with her ... we joke A LOT)...
Here's what I've come up with.

I'm gonna grow my hair out...Real Long. Well, until I reach my goal of 200 pounds, and if I still don't have my hair long enough (needs to be a 10 inch or longer ponytail), then it's to the 170 pound goal.
Then I'm getting it cut short and donating the hair to Locks of Love. (Locks of love donates real hair wigs to needy kids who have cancer, alopecia, etc.)
A new me, a new look and helping out some great kid who lost their hair due to chemo or some other disease.

My Sister In Law will think I'm crazy. I figure if she has to lose her hair to chemotherapy, the least I could do to 'hang with my home-girl' is to get my hair cut short...and show my support of her fight! ! !
Old 01-16-2003, 06:27 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Amy how sweet of you.

I hope your SIL can keep her humor, it will help her fight this battle.

Debbie
Old 01-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

amy... aren't you a doll... what a lovely thing to do!!!

and many prayers for your SIL.. hope they got it all... any chemo now?
Old 01-16-2003, 12:31 PM   #4  
Slowly going crazy!

She is starting Chemo next week. She wanted to get two opinions of the treatment that is recommended for her. She knows it is an aggressive treatment, and she knows she will need it for 9 months. And...she knows she will lose her hair almost immediately.
I promised if she did that I would by myself a hat to wear with her at the wedding we will be attending when we go out to visit next month. We will just say we're bringing back an old fashion trend! ! :-)

She's a great friend, my partner in crime, because we married brothers and can vent to each other about them. We drive my MIL nutso some times as well. (isn't that what Daughters in Law are supposed to do *LOL*)
Closed Thread