Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 10:45 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Thumbs down Just wanted to share...........

This past weekend my hubby and I went to his work Christmas party.

His work Christmas party was held in St Lucia. It started on Thursday and ended Sunday. It was a weekend long party.

I just want to say that last year at this time I would have NOT gone!!! No way, no how!!!

I would not have had the ability to parade myself in front of all the people my husband works with looking and feeling the way I did this time last year.

Maybe that sounds silly.........but I would never have done it.

I was able to fit in a coach seat.......get into an open air jeep for a tour........go on a sunset cruise......and most importantly meet the people my husband works with!!

My life before wls was good.....great hubby, great kids.......after wls same great hubby and kids but now there is so much more. I enjoy doing things again, I look forward to every day now!!!

I almost died after my surgery, I feel I have been so blessed with my health that I want to shout it from the rooftops. I would never tell anyone to have wls.........I can only tell you what it has done for me.

Debbie one happy camper
Old 12-19-2002, 12:15 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh this is fabulous!!!!! what a difference a year makes...

now, the big question: you DID wear clothes that FIT, didn't you???? you and i have SUCH cases of the terminal baggy clothes ....

oh what a shame. NOT!!!!!

and glad you're home safe and sound. did you get sunburned at all?? and where did you go on this open air jeep tour? what did you see???? TELL ALL!!!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:34 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And didja wear a thong?
Old 12-19-2002, 03:06 PM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Well Jiff, most of them fit but some were a little too big!!

The open air jeep ride was sooooo much fun!!! We went all over the island. Into the rainforest, went to a banana plantation, drove into the little seaside towns. Drove off road, thru river beds where women were washing clothes. It was terriffic!!!

Did I wear a thong...........let me see....................NO!!

Debbie
Old 12-20-2002, 06:31 AM   #5  

I bet you did where a thong, I bet you even have pictures to prove it!!!!!!

I can not tell you how happy I am that YOU are doing so well! I KNOW you are happy!

I LOVE happy!

peach
Closed Thread