3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Reactive Hypoglycemia SUCKS GRRR (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/187522-reactive-hypoglycemia-sucks-grrr.html)

KO 12-04-2009 03:34 PM

Reactive Hypoglycemia SUCKS GRRR

SO I can literally eat Crap food and be fine
I eat a high protein low carb meal with good veggies
and my hands are numb and I can't focus!
great at work!
I want to do SBD ph 1 b/c I want to lose the weight I gained last month due to assorted festive feasting.
What I don't want is to be face down on my keyboard!
any ideas?
Kierie

nanj 12-04-2009 11:13 PM

Hey Kierie: What did your blood glucose test show you? I think you need to see your nutritionist. I continue to have problems, but since I've been doing a protein, fast carb and a slow carb, it has been a little better. Don't eat over a cup at a time and that is a struggle to get all three of those in, but does seem to help. Well, that and eating every 3 to 4 hours (which I personally hate). If I eat a cup of carbs, like scotch oats in the morning, I can guarantee that in about 1 1/2 to two hours, I will be shaky, half stupid, can't think and hungrier than crap. I'm now putting in some sf cranberries, a 1/2 scoop of protein powder and a couple of tbsp. of greek yogurt and sf stevia English toffee flavoring. How is your water? There is a girl over on Obesity Help that has a real problem with it....I think it is "melting mama" and I know she would be glad to help you out.

worthylady 12-05-2009 09:30 AM

I began eating using the glycemic index, which helps me to understand what carbs will effect my blood sugar faster. I have lost some of my favorite foods and am really sad about that because it was mainly fresh fruit. I have been learning to make better combinations with my food as well. I know some foods make me shake or totally put me in carb coma. I read a little of the zone to help me find foods that I can eat. I try to eat heavier carbs in the morning with my protein. As far as fruit it is mainly berries, grapefruit and apples. I make sure I eat more complex carbs vs. simple carbs, the simple carbs really get me going especially if I don't eat them with protein.

jiffypop 12-05-2009 07:32 PM

you ladies are so smart! and your comments really hit me over the head. this glycemic index thing probably explains why i'm HAPPY with a little bit of whole grain or high protein pasta or brown rice, but if i eat white pasta or white rice, it sends me off on a BINGE!!!

I've had to go back to deviled eggs in the morning - oatmeal or cereal or anything but hard core protein followed by whole wheat toast or crackers with some cheese just won't work for me. mid-morning/late morning, it's yogurt with a couple of tbs dried cranberries or other fruit and a couple of tbs of nuts. had to stop the LF, LS granola [Bob's plain granola] in this - just made me too hungry.

<sigh> why can't it ever be simple?????????

KO 12-06-2009 12:44 AM

I started typing a post then lost it. . .I wil post it tomorrow

Leenie 12-06-2009 07:54 AM

Omg .. if I eat a bagel FORGEDABOUDIT!! I'm shakier than Don Knots in the Apple Dumpling Gang.

I really need to sit down and figure myself out.. but my calendars full :rolleyes: