3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   New to this site :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/186114-new-site.html)

luvmykitties 11-08-2009 08:03 PM

New to this site :)

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, but I guess I've been kind of a "lurker" for a while, mainly in the Weight Loss Surgery forum. I've been battling with the decision to have WLS for quite sometime now, and I've finally made the decision that this will be the best option for me. I'm going tomorrow to talk to my doctor about it, and I was wondering if anyone had any advise about talking to your doctor about WLS?

GinaG 11-08-2009 09:07 PM

Just make a list of all your questions and do some research on the WLS doctors in your area that are covered by your insurance policy. It also might be helpful to do some internet searches on all the different types of surgeries out there and available in your area if you haven't already.
Good Luck on your visit and keep us posted. :hug:

luvmykitties 11-08-2009 09:15 PM

I've been doing tons of research for the past year or so about the different types of surgeries. My insurance will only cover the RNY procedure, and I've only been able to find 2 surgeons who will accept my insurance (I have WV medicaid), but both have very high credentials and a great success rate. I am hoping my doctor will know of some other surgeons who will accept my insurance as well.

GinaG 11-08-2009 10:15 PM

Sounds like your pretty much ready ;)

ladybugnessa 11-09-2009 08:46 AM

best of luck with the doctor and with finding a good surgeon.

luvmykitties 11-09-2009 04:16 PM

I talked to my doctor today about WLS and she was supportive. She wants me to keep a food journal and try to do 30 minutes of some sort of physical activity 5 days a week for the next three months. During that 3 months she told me to continue researching surgeons and when I go back for my follow-up, bring my surgeon list with me and we will discuss it further then.

jiffypop 11-10-2009 07:51 AM

excellent!!!!! your doc sounds on the ball and very supportive. what kind of exercise do you like to do??? i'm trying to find something that won't hurt my knees and doesn't involve going to the pool.

luvmykitties 11-10-2009 10:01 AM

Truthfully, I hate all forms of exercise lol. But I know it's something I have to do now, and continue after I'm finally able to have my surgery. I've always loved dancing, and I have a few of those dancing workout dvd's. They're totally kicking my butt right now, but hopefully once I get more used to them it will become easier.

Thinner4Winner 11-18-2009 02:44 PM

Im molly from england
wana loose about 200 lblost 40 so far.
just sighted up today but seems like great sight.
wana join as mamy groups as pos need all the supout as poss.
I love to give suport to others to.
Ive been excepted for gastric bypass and am just wiating for a date but wana loose as much as poss b4 opp
dont get out much so on pc board. feel free to come chat to me. mollyxx