Tempanoplasty/abdominalplasty

• I've had trouble with my hearing and ear for more than four months. I finally gave in and went to the ear doc. I've got a big hole in my ear drum and one nasty bacteria. So, they are going to do a tempanoplasty in a couple of weeks. They are going to be taking a piece off the back of my ear and doing a graft kind of thing. Well, I asked the doctor if he could work in an abdominalplasty and just take the piece from there. NO DEAL! DANG IT!!!! I figure that would be one big eardrum patch!!!! Hey, wonder if he could take a little of my "gobble-wobble" from my neck and do a patch. Why does the doc have to mar up a perfectly good spot on my ear. It is probably the only place that isn't sagging or bagging! LOL!!! I'm trying okay!!!!!
  • That is so funny, that you asked him to take it from a sagging area. I feel your frustration. I got the turkey wobble and deflated abdomin going on. I'm tempted to walk outside with my neck up to the sun so if I get a skin cancer I can get a neck lift, like I did for my forehead. It made my eyes open wider which with gravity were falling.

I'm sorry about your eardrum and the infection I hope everything goes well and you heal superfast
  • Oy, sorry about the ear Nan shoot if ya need me to donate skin just take your pick, I have enuf for everyone lol.
  • Nan you're poor little ear is in my prayers
    I'll gladly donate some skin too Take your pick!
  • I've got old ears!!! LOL!
    I'm almost a week out from having my ear worked on. It has been rather interesting. I thought I'd go in get it done and be done with it. DUH!!!! I have dermal glue stuck in my hair around and on top of my ear and it sticks straight out and hangs up my glasses. I look like a freak!!!! I finally had to go to the hair dressers and get a "boy" cute so that they could cut off some of the glue.

My sister and I had German measles when I was six years old and it had permanently damages our ears. It had left scarred pockets in the ear and those get infected and that extra fluid perforates our ear drums. My sister has permanently lost the inside of her ear and years of working in a factory has greatly affected her other ear's hearing. The surgery wasn't too bad....loved the Versed! But, didn't know that I wouldn't be able to bend over for a week, would have a metal taste on one side of my mouth and vertigo. When your eyes start rolling in your head, causes you to be dizzy and you get nauseous real fast!!! Like a ride from an amusement park!! I have some kind of shiny metal thingy in my ear, my RN niece found yesterday, when she was trying to clean up my yucky brown ear. They wanted me to be off three weeks, but I can only get coverage for one week, so that should be interesting.

The darnest part is, my DH is really in need of hearing aides and so when I yell at him so that he can hear my really important thoughts, he has to yell back. I didn't know that my "good" ear had been affected also, just mild hearing loss. Here is one of the conversations from last night. Honey, it is out on the dash. Reply: Why did you throw it in the trash! Me: I didn't it is on the dash. Him: Well, it's gone because I already took out the trash! I told him I saw a small black ant, and he wanted to know what was wrong with his pants!!! I better get my hearing back or I'm going to go mad!!! LOL!

Guard your ears and your hearing, because it is a mad, mad world out there!
  • hugs to you Nancy! You make me giggle! I wanted to do good with my skin too. Donated it to science!
  • I have hearing loss too Nan, both ears. My DH gets very frustrated with me at times. Good thing for closed caption on TV. My hearing loss only works for me when I want to tune people out seriously, I need hearing aids (especially for work) but they are so dang expensive. Its funny how insurance will cover eye glasses but not hearing aids.
  • Nanj
    Your conversation with your DH was hilarious, it reminds me when we went to visit my DH aunt. She's hard of hearing and anytime she does'nt hear what you're saying(which is most of the time) her reply is "That's nice"