Went to my first Halloween Bash at a bar

• Me and my Hubby even dressed up. I'm almost 6 months out from gastric bypass so my husband buys me a drink after being there 3 hours and I had eaten before we got there.

I didn't get a "buzz" off the drink. It was weird after hearing how it goes straight to your liver and your first one will hit you hard. I was so careful took a tiny sip and waited 10 mins to see if I was gonna be Ok. Next thing I knew I had finished it and then had one more. Never felt bad at all.

I knew I was weird but I was really shocked.

Has anyone else out there post op been fine with alcohol?

By the way I had 2 Martinis with the olives like James Bond LOL, before my surgery when and if I had a drink I would always get a hangover 2 hours later, this time no hangover either.

Here's a picture of us before we left and no we didn't drink before we left LOL!

Halloween 09'.JPG

• if I sip it over a long period, I don't have a problem. if I drink too fast, I'm smashed for about 20 minutes and then stone sober. I just don't drink that much. I prefer to go out and DANCE! hehehe I call it my "Weekend Cardio!" hehehe
  • I bet it metabolizes faster when you dance too, I didn't think about that.
  • Whooohooo girl
  • I am like missangelaks, exactly.
  • Ok well my tolerance for alcohol was low before surgery so I may not be a reputable source. I can't make it through one drink without feeling tipsy. A glass of wine will do me in.
  • See I didn't drink alot before surgery either and I'm allergic to the tanins in wine so I've never been able to tolerate wine and beer is out because it's carbinated but I never really liked it anyway. I was just suprised cause I've heard so many stories about the "1st Drink". Good thing I'm not a weekend warrior like my husband LOL. I've always been the Designated Driver.
  • I can drink Dark Beer Guinness actually but its not very carbonatey
    Regardless if I don't sip I'm in trouble b/c I'll be incredibly smashed
    Btw don't do shot's its just Not a good idea
    Gina you guys looked awesome!
  • KO...I wondered why I could drink the dark stuff and even like it, since I did not like beer before. It is the low carbination.
  • Thanks KO it was nice to go out with my husband, before my surgery I hardly went anywhere for a social gather much less a bar. But as my weight goes down I find my self confidence goes up