3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Went to my first Halloween Bash at a bar (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/185529-went-my-first-halloween-bash-bar.html)

GinaG 11-01-2009 12:35 PM

Went to my first Halloween Bash at a bar

1 Attachment(s)
Me and my Hubby even dressed up. I'm almost 6 months out from gastric bypass so my husband buys me a drink after being there 3 hours and I had eaten before we got there.

I didn't get a "buzz" off the drink. It was weird after hearing how it goes straight to your liver and your first one will hit you hard. I was so careful took a tiny sip and waited 10 mins to see if I was gonna be Ok. Next thing I knew I had finished it and then had one more. Never felt bad at all.

I knew I was weird but I was really shocked.

Has anyone else out there post op been fine with alcohol?

By the way I had 2 Martinis with the olives like James Bond LOL, before my surgery when and if I had a drink I would always get a hangover 2 hours later, this time no hangover either.

Here's a picture of us before we left and no we didn't drink before we left LOL!

Attachment 33648

missangelaks 11-01-2009 02:39 PM

if I sip it over a long period, I don't have a problem. if I drink too fast, I'm smashed for about 20 minutes and then stone sober. I just don't drink that much. I prefer to go out and DANCE! hehehe I call it my "Weekend Cardio!" hehehe

GinaG 11-01-2009 03:14 PM

I bet it metabolizes faster when you dance too, I didn't think about that.

Leenie 11-01-2009 06:38 PM

Whooohooo girl ;)

annie175 11-02-2009 02:05 PM

I am like missangelaks, exactly.

worthylady 11-03-2009 10:05 PM

Ok well my tolerance for alcohol was low before surgery so I may not be a reputable source. I can't make it through one drink without feeling tipsy. A glass of wine will do me in.

GinaG 11-04-2009 02:26 PM

See I didn't drink alot before surgery either and I'm allergic to the tanins in wine so I've never been able to tolerate wine and beer is out because it's carbinated but I never really liked it anyway. I was just suprised cause I've heard so many stories about the "1st Drink". Good thing I'm not a weekend warrior like my husband LOL. I've always been the Designated Driver.

KO 11-04-2009 03:39 PM

I can drink Dark Beer Guinness actually but its not very carbonatey
Regardless if I don't sip I'm in trouble b/c I'll be incredibly smashed
Btw don't do shot's its just Not a good idea
Gina you guys looked awesome!

annie175 11-04-2009 03:59 PM

KO...I wondered why I could drink the dark stuff and even like it, since I did not like beer before. It is the low carbination.

GinaG 11-04-2009 09:18 PM

Thanks KO it was nice to go out with my husband, before my surgery I hardly went anywhere for a social gather much less a bar. But as my weight goes down I find my self confidence goes up :)