3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   I cheated yesterday..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/178817-i-cheated-yesterday.html)

GinaG 08-10-2009 12:23 PM

I cheated yesterday.....

I had 2 nutter butters and a toaster strudel. Didn't get sick with the nutters but the toaster strudel made me a little sick. I don't know why I was craving sweets so bad yesterday, it was the first time it was that strong of and urge since having GB almost 3 months ago.

The weird thing is I got on the scale this morning to see how much I gained cause my weightloss has really slowed recently and I had lost 2 pds.

Why do our bodies do that I have been so diligent about journaling my food and lose 2-3 pds a week, I binge one day don't journal and lose 2 pds, it's totally weird:dizzy:

Anyway I'm back to being good today, just wanted to know if anyone could explain this or had it happen to them.

KO 08-10-2009 12:50 PM

A lot of the time if I'm craving sweet it's because I'm dehydrated. Also sometimes your body just needs to be shaken up. . .also to be totally in your business
Perhaps if you dumped from the toaster streudel you cleaned out your system.

I suggest if you want something sweet have it with a Protein
and make it a safe 1
You could do a tbsp of SF Jam and a Tbsp of PB I don't know if you have A&P but they have a reduced Sugar PB which is pretty good and 2 g per serving

GinaG 08-10-2009 01:36 PM

Thanks KO for the info yeah the PB with SF jam sounds like a better choice. As far as dumping I didn't dump i just felt nauseated and stuffed. I don't think I will do that again anyways.

worthylady 08-11-2009 11:46 PM

I have learned to drink something a little sweet to help me with cravings. You will notice with time that some things you used to enjoy are too sweet for you now. I sometimes will drink a few ounces of orange or apple juice with water to dilute. Also like KO I put protein and fiber with fruit in the morning that helps. Also, make sure you are eating healthy complex carbs, mainly veggies. I know that helps me with cravings.

missangelaks 08-12-2009 12:29 AM

I agree with Keir. When I crave something sweet or salty, I'm usually dehydrated. I love a cup of diluted Gratorade or a Propell. It works wonders.

The key for me and dumping at this point is the amount. If I do a meditation on a bite of something, then that's enough and I don't dump.

I have always found it interesting that I lose weight after I have been very very good for a long time and then binge. I have found that if I add up the WW points, what I think is binging is actually using the unused points and exercise points I've been accumulating over the time I have been good. WW says that you must eat the minimum as well as not go over the maximum in order to lose weight. Maybe that's what's going on with you too?

Glad you are feeling good about getting back on track. That's the important thing about long term lifestyle changes.