3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Our papers are at the insurance company as we speak.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/177103-our-papers-insurance-company-we-speak.html)

ladybugnessa 07-20-2009 02:15 PM

Our papers are at the insurance company as we speak..

just waiting for our approvals. should NOT be a problem since we have FEP-BC/BS

my hubby has lost 30 pounds and will have surgery probably on 8/18
he needs to have an IVC filter placed about a week before but other than that he's good to go.

I'm hoping for surgery on 9/22.

both of us are having RNY and both of us are very excited.:carrot:

GinaG 07-20-2009 04:56 PM

:cheer3::congrat::cheer2:

I have FEP-BCBS and they were pretty fast so I think your projected dates are a great possibility.

Good luck to you both
:crossed:

ladybugnessa 07-20-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaG (Post 2835083)
:cheer3::congrat::cheer2:

I have FEP-BCBS and they were pretty fast so I think your projected dates are a great possibility.

Good luck to you both
:crossed:

oh wow! Thanks... we have our fingers crossed. DH is a school bus driver so he needs to be done before he goes back to school!

Cannwarren 07-21-2009 02:22 AM

Nessa,

I'm so thrilled for you and hubby. While I loved SBD I just wasn't losing anymore on my own. I had surgery today and am now banded. What procedure are you having done? I'm not familiar with RNY? I wish you both all the best!

ladybugnessa 07-21-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannwarren (Post 2835825)
Nessa,

I'm so thrilled for you and hubby. While I loved SBD I just wasn't losing anymore on my own. I had surgery today and am now banded. What procedure are you having done? I'm not familiar with RNY? I wish you both all the best!

Good Morning.

I loved SBD and I just stalled out at around 210 after losing nearly 80 pounds. I got frustrated and gained back nearly 50 of it. Sadly in the dieting world because i kept 10% off I'm considered a success for just dieting. I want to be a healthy thinner success so we are having surgery. My DH was 466 at weigh in with the doctor. he's down 30 pounds from that now...

RNY is Gastric Bypass. We will get small stomach pouches and the surgeon will bypass 150 cm of our intestines so we malabsorb nutritients as well.

Cannwarren 07-21-2009 07:29 AM

Nessa,
I understand completely. lost 54 lbs on SBD, and gained back 27. I turned 40 this year and I look at my parents in the late 60's and they both are in such bad shape because of not taking care of themselves. I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter who I want to enjoy life with.
I am so happy for you and your husband. I know it's a great choice for me and I'm sure it's perfect for you both also.
My only discomfort I had was trying to get out of bed from a lying flat position. I have 5 small incisions on my stomach that pinch a little when trying to move.
Nessa, please keep me posted on your progress and how you're doing. I'd love the extra support and would like to be some for you as well.
HUGS!
Carol

Cannwarren 07-21-2009 07:30 AM

Also, my surgeon also did SBD and lost 70 but has gained back 40 so he completely understands. Just thought i'd share.

ladybugnessa 07-21-2009 07:33 AM

Carol,

your profile says 'central Florida'.... i'm geographically impaired but part of my recovery in the fall will be spent in Tampa... is that close to you?

Cannwarren 07-21-2009 07:37 AM

Tampa is about 2.5 ours away on the west coast. I'm geographically challenged as well. LOL. We're in Melbourne FL. about 62 miles, southeast of disney. Why are you recovering in Tampa if you don't mind me asking?

ladybugnessa 07-21-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannwarren (Post 2835952)
Tampa is about 2.5 ours away on the west coast. I'm geographically challenged as well. LOL. We're in Melbourne FL. about 62 miles, southeast of disney. Why are you recovering in Tampa if you don't mind me asking?

Long answer:

because my BFF owns a house down there (her future retirement home) and we work for the Federal Government and I can take a lot of time off AND the doc said after my drains are out IF i promise to stop EVERY hour and walk a little bit I can drive down....

short answer

Because I can!

Leenie 07-21-2009 12:10 PM

GOOD LUCK :hug:

Cannwarren 07-21-2009 02:31 PM

Good for you Nessa! I love living in Florida. Enjoy the weather and time when you're here. Please keep us posted.

jiffypop 07-21-2009 05:23 PM

wow. it's finally happening!!!! this is wonderful!!!

ladybugnessa 07-23-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiffypop (Post 2837054)
wow. it's finally happening!!!! this is wonderful!!!

oh Jiffypop, thanks! I have followed your posts since I got to 3FC...

i was afraid of WLS...
I had a lot of smug ideas..
I'm nervous but so excited.

original_serendipity 08-02-2009 03:11 AM

Good luck Nessa!!! I envy your ability to recover in Fla! I really do hope it goes well for you.