Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #1  

Default Not Yet. Thanks though.

I cant do it yet. I have to try one last diet before I jump in. I thank you for your time. Im going to give Jenny Craig a try.

Take care, I wish you all great health.
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You go girl !!!! good luck, you can do it !!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

babysteps - ya gotta do what you think is best - and you're ALWAYS welcome to come over and visit - tell us how you're getting along, ask more Qs, whatever.

There's more than one path to good health - here's hoping that this one will be YOURS!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #4  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

Wishing you great success!!
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

I wish you the best of luck. I love it when I read a story and the person has had a epiphany and found a way to lose weight and keep it off. I'm crossing my fingers for you.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I am also going through the indecision of getting WLS. This is the third time that I have approval to start the process and now I am afraid. I would get the lap band if I do it. My kids are adamantly against me doing it. My husband says I should do it if it will help me. I have been seeing a nutritionist and excercise physiologist for a few months and it seems to be working, though slowly. I also had the sleep study and will see the doctor on the 13th to see if I need the CPAP. I just don't know. What if I don't grab the brass ring now and the diet fails? What if I do and something bad happens to me. I don't know. I Love reading your success stories and advice. Thanks for letting me vent. I still am so unsure. Sigh.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

buttercup - the best advice i can give you is to look at ALL your options, talk to your doc, and anyone else who you think has some insight, and make the decision that you think is best for YOU. there are good reasons for having WLS, and there are really bad reasons for doing it -

we'll be here - feel free to ask any and all Qs!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #8  

Thanks, you guys are so great. So understanding. I appreciate it. Its just such a huge step as you all know, you've taken it.

I wish I could be as brave as you. I wish I didn’t second think everything to death. I have been on so many diets, so many times, I am not convinced I will succeed, ever. I am most likely postponing the inevitable.

The truth is I simply MUST lose weight, or I will likely die from being over weight. I am so paranoid of the surgery and the possible complications. However, I have decided this is the last diet. If I do not do it, I will do the surgery.

I am set to join Jenny Craig Monday. We will see how it goes. I will drop in from time to time to visit. I think the surgery is great, I believe it works. I have found a great Surgeon. I’m just scared.

Thanks for everything!
BabySteps
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

You have to be ready. If you're not, you'll drive yourself crazy! I wasn't ready until I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have been obese pretty much my entire life, but I thought I could lose the weight on my own. When I was no longer healthy despite my weight, that's when I decided I needed to do something with a higher rate of long term success.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote