Arg NO ENERGY

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey Ladies:
    So I'm working on getting more sleep and drinking more water and still I feel like I've been hit by a truck
    I'm taking my Vities
    2 fish oil
    2 multi
    iron
    prescription D
    are the basics
    Does anyone reccommend anythign not ephedra or anything but I need something!
    the Peanut M&Ms are Not on plan!
    Thanks,
    Kierie
  • B vitamins?

I also hope you are taking calcium
  • Are you exercising at all? I know it's weird, but sometimes when I have no energy it helps if I walk.
  • Ok honey, I will ask the obvious. LOL

-Are you PMSing? I know I lose all my energy 2-3 days before TOM.

-Are you getting enough protein?

-Having too many simple carbs?

I know I am being Ms. Obvious but I have to ask the some questions of myself all the time! LOL

Take care of yourself...do a mani/pedi/facial night or something! That helps me. That, and don't forget "this too shall pass!"

Angela
  • ang I think I am fighting a cold
    Jilly I'm going to get some calcium today
    Sindy they're not usually my MO for a healthy day I was falling asleep at my desk
    Genki I usually exercise 5 days per week
    Thanks for the input ladies!
  • does anyone use those calcium chews? I take so many Pills in the AM I'd like something a little different to take later (not with my iron)
  • i like those calcium chews, but unfortunately, they each have 20 calories, and in order for me to get the amount of calcium i need, i'd have to have 5 a day, and i just wasn't willing to 'spend' 100 calories every day on a vitamin!!!
  • ew yeah good point
    another Q how do you know how much you need?
  • ok so I took stock of what I've done differently today
    1 I got a little more sleep (sleep energy whoda thunk?)
    2 I had a different breakfast Ive been having a super yummy spinach and bP lowering garlic Quicherole and that might not be too good for Princess anemia over here! yogurt and flax
    3 I had a coffee with milk not protein shake
    4 My lunch was strictly protein 2 servigns of turkey and 2 LCL
    5 Im heading out to get some calcium supplements and some nuts for later
    (tho one can argue you guys are my nuts!!)
    6 I had 2 hb eggs for a snack
    7 I'm continuing on the Kierie swilling water hit parade!
  • I believe most surgeons/nuts recommend supplementing 1500-2000mg of calcium per day. This is usually at least 3 doses, and most are 2 pills per dose (check the label, as there are some popping up now that are 500mg per pill, and some that are less, like the Citracal Petites). Also, be sure it is clacium citrate and not calcium carbonate, as the citrate is more easily absorbed, and the carbonate has the potential to help cause kidney stones. I would also make sure the calcium include Vitamin D, which aids in absorption. And, finally, don't take too much at one time, as the body is only able to absorb up to about 600mg at one time, so doses need to be spread out a few hours apart.
  • jilly's right - we need to take 100% of the RDA in supplements - and ya gotta read all the labels carefully. i take a separate vitamin D supplement [of course, i haven't taken ANY vitamins in at least a month - so NOW who's cruising for trouble???!!!!! ya'll can yell at me now - i have it coming!!!
  • Jiffy????? WHY?????? you nutball!

There you go. LOL NOW go TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!! Hehe

Angela
  • Jiffy Don't make me get on my scooter. . .hum the wicked witch Theme and show up at your door with a case of water and some flintstones!
  • KIER!!! there are NO STEPS into my townhouse!!!! just drive your little scooter right into the front door and rant away!!!!! <gotta go find my centrums!!!>
  • Kier..... this might sound wacky but could it be the change in season/weather/time change? I know everyone at work is DRAGGGGGING, tired and foggy feeling, for weeks now. Just a thought.