3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Paul McKenna "I can Make you Thin" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/161779-paul-mckenna-i-can-make-you-thin.html)

KO 01-16-2009 05:17 PM

Paul McKenna "I can Make you Thin"

I've been listening to him since Tuesday evening and I will say I'm eating less and indeed Thinking about food a lot less. Additionally I'm really relaxed and I'm an On or off person so I'm on but not ONN I definitely want to revisit some of his craving techniques but the hypnosis is kickign butt!
Kierie

xdominic89x 01-16-2009 06:58 PM

I totally agree. I've been doing it since Thursday and have noticed that I no longer obsess about food, eat so much less and don't get that bloated feeling.

I really think this plan is my calling.

novachick 01-24-2009 10:56 AM

I've been at a loss for what to do about my weight. I got the book and read it in an evening. I haven't been listening to the CD much, but I love the idea of NOT DIETING EVER. I think that's the hardest thing to accept. I'm just not going to diet anymore. Imagine that! I've been dieting for at least 25 years, and now I can just stop.

I think I've lost some weight, but THAT DOESN'T MATTER. I've decided I only weigh myself on days that end in a "0", so I'll see what happens on the 30th. I'm really trying to focus on the letting go and letting it happen. Four rules...that's all.

<fingers crossed>

SaneSally 01-30-2009 03:53 AM

Hi All!

I'm new here!!

I have decided after reading Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin!" that this is the thing for me. After a history of eating disorders, I no longer want to be restricting myself and in the loop of dramatic restriction followed by starvation (I am now a healthy weight btw), followed by binging and compulsive eating. I just want to be healthy and trust food again. I was looking around his website and he says that the plan is perfect for people like me. So here I am writing to you guys for support and advice! I'm hoping you'll see a lot of me around here.

I started a few days ago, and what I found so great was not having to worry about the food that I put in my mouth. I was excited by the fact that I really wanted croissant for breakfast and could have it without feeling guilt. I hadn't eaten one for over 5 years!!! It tasted so good.

What I am finding difficult however, is the whole 'eat whatever you really WANT'. I'm finding that when I'm really hungry so that my stomach is rumbling, I often am not sure what I want. I can not really tell too well. Does anyone have any tips for pinpointing exactly what you want?

Thanks for any info!!!

Sally xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sleevedmamma 02-15-2009 02:40 PM

The aversion techniques really got me from over eating dairy. Awesome stuff!

activeadventurer 02-16-2009 10:59 AM

I just got his book over the weekend and I think it holds great promise for me. I am following an intuitive eating path and have had a lot of trouble slowing my eating down even though I have been trying for months. Unfortunately the CD is not working but hopefully that will get fixed soon.

Sane Sally I have the same difficulty in general if I let myself get toooooo hungry. The only thing I know how to do is to not get there top begin with. Not much help maybe but I haven't found anything else tht works

mygritsconfessions 02-16-2009 11:22 AM

I am interested in seeing how it goes for all of you! I watched his show last year when it was on weekly for I think 5 or 6 weeks. Each week he went through the next phase. I found it wonderful and tried to implement it, and was successful for a few weeks and then went back to overeating again. I am wondering if having the book & CD would help? I know many processed foods cause me to munch, so I don't know if I could eat 'anything' I wanted, but I certainly could reintroduce those homemade foods I love!

Let me know how it goes for everyone!

activeadventurer 02-17-2009 11:40 PM

I have been listening to the CD for a couple of days now. I find it really relaxing and have definitely gotten back into the movement/exercise thing since I started listening. Inteseted to see how it will affect the weight and eating.

activeadventurer 02-26-2009 09:19 PM

How are people doing with this? I am curious to know. I have been listening to the CD for a little over a week and weighed myself Sunday. I am skipping my once weekly weighs for a couple of weeks as he suggestsand filling out the daily check list that he includes in the book. Any one else have anything to share on this?

OHCowgirl 07-24-2009 09:49 AM

Ok...I see the last post in this thread was in February. Is anyone still using Paul McKenna's program and if so is it working? I soooo want to believe it will.
Connie