Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default The Good, the Bad and the Difficult...

I am going to do this backwards.

First the difficult....

Thank you everyone who sent thoughts and prayers for my family. I cried when I saw all the wishes and prayers. You all are fabulous.

My brother Ben didn't want a funeral...he wanted a Party and boy did he get one! We Waked him tonight there wasn't room in the host's house to hold everyone. I left at 10pm (a bit overwhelmed by the last few days) and the party was still going strong...spilled out into the packed garage and out onto the lawn both back and front. There were hundreds of people there to party his way to heaven...it was sooooo wonderful to see just how many people my brother knew and who loved him as they all did. Ben would've been or is very pleased. We read the last poem he wrote, it was very touching and had a moment of silence that turned in the yelling woohoo and his name and clapping for his wonderful life...not very silent, but I know he was woohooing along with everyone!

Now for the Bad.

My daughter Kellie and her husband got housing, she leaves Monday morning for CA. She doesn't want to leave the family right now, but you have to know the military, they would lose their housing if they don't take this house and they have been on the list for months. I knew this would be tough but right now...with all this crap...not good timing.

Now the the Good.

MY DAUGHTER GOT HER HOUSING!!! And now she gets to go start her life, be with her husband and it's not as final an separation as with my brother. I will get phone calls, emails and visits. I will hold onto that.

Thanks again for everyone that offered me the support that I come to rely on here.

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-11-2009 at 02:33 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #2  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

What do they say about closing doors and opening windows?
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

True, honey...true
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #4  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Angela, it looks like you are going through quite a change in your life It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter and you have done a great job raising her. While its easy to hold on its always difficult to let go. Remember you are always her mother and your letting go so that she can start her new life, you have prepared her for that. It sounds like you are truly going to go through some changes in your life as well It will be okay, trust me, a little difficult but it will be okay

Last edited by worthylady; 01-11-2009 at 10:29 PM.
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Ange......man what a way to start your year! I've always been of the mind that when someone passes, I think it should be a celebration of life. I'm glad you were able to do that for your brother.

Now your daughter......she will always be your baby and you will always be her mom. My oldest baby will be 39 this year and I still just want to grab her and put her on my lap and hold her because of things that has gone on in her life. But, I raised her well, she handles things well, and if she doesn't she manages without me. Dang it! Seems I need her more than she needs me. LOL!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Angela If I could reach through the computer (and several hundred miles) I would give you the worlds biggest hug!
Your brother I'm sure was smiling! Life is a celebration!

As for your daughter. . .You sounded just like my Mom!! Yes you will miss her but she's grabbing life by the horns and this is good
Maybe you both can get skype?
Lots of love to you sweet girl!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote