mini-quiche

• I've read many references to mini-quiches here. Is there a recipe, or are these somehting you buy?
  • I would suggest doing a search and see what comes up. I'm sure there's a recipe some where here
  • Thanks Leenie!
  • Did you find anything?

I went on our low carb board and came up with a few including my egg muffins (which is really like a crustless quiche) that you make in a regular muffin pan, they are wonderful.

Here's my version:
    Spray w/Pam a 12 hole muffin pan, put crumbled cooked sausage or cut up ham or bacon or whatever you like in the cups. Some broccoli or spinach or asparagus would be good too. Add grated cheese, cheddar or montery jack or swiss. Don't over fill it w/the meat & cheese, like about 1/2 way or 3/4 at most. Beat 8 eggs with lt cream or half and half, just a splash and spoon egg mixture into the cups. Bake 350 degrees, maybe 15 minutes or so, you'll see them start to brown.

The possibilities are endless, you can add any kind of cheese, meat or veggies, they are wonderful to freeze. In the mornings I like to grab one or two out of the freezer and by the time I get to work they are defrosted and ready to heat.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!

Here's my search on the LC forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=2520935

Hope it helps

• Here's One
    My grandson loves these and so do I:

3 eggs, beaten
    3 strips of bacon, diced
    1/2 c. swiss cheese
    1/4 c. sauted, minced onion
    2 green onions, diced
    1/2 tsp butter
    little minced garlic
    Couple spoonful of diced tomatoes

Mix this all together and you can bake these in one of those little mini-muffin pans. These are more like bites. Could be done in a muffin pan. If you aren't using silicone pans, make sure you use cooking spray. 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until centers are firm. Makes about 12. This reheat well in the micro.

If you go to a blog run by a girl called eggface, she has a lot of different variations of this. I think the pizza one is excellent. I think she has lost around 158 pound to date. Lots of bariatric recipes on that site.

I'm getting into muffin meatloafs since KO's recipe and there are a lot of different ways to do them also. Greek, Mex, Italian, etc.