Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default The woman in my life hate me...LOL

I know I shouldn't still be surprised that I am losing weight but I AM surprized!! I went down to the mall and bought a knew pair of jeans...size 12!! I remember not 2 weeks ago, being soooo happy that my size 14 finally fit me so that I could sit down without squeezing me like a tube of toothpaste! Now I am comfortably in a size 12.

Ok, now for why I put that all the woman in my life hate me...my daughter is jealous, my brothers girlfriend is sick of hearing it, my friends at work roll there eyes when I walk in the room..."you're getting skinnier???" Now, not only am I shocked that I am still losing weight (if you remember, anything past 224 was all gravy to me!) I am feeling guilty for being smaller then everyone around me and still saying things like "A size 12??? me???" I can't help it but now they all are getting annoyed.

I am wondering if I should just LET them be jealous and take it all in, or if I should just be quiet about it and just KNOW I am doing well instead of talking about my shock every time I buy a new pair of jeans! LOL

Terrible place to be in though, eh? Ahhhhh poor Angela, just getting too thin and healthy...poor baby!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

It's their problem. Maybe just don't talk about your weight loss anymore. I mean, what else can you do - your not going to stop losing weight so other people will like you more, right?
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #3  
:)

S/C/G: 167/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Great job! Don't worry about it. Just keep going. Maybe not talk about it so much about it, I got that too my first ten pounds and my friends got tired of it really quick.

Hey I'm in Nampa. Nice to see someone so close here!
BumpSetSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #4  

wow thats impressive because i weigh 145lbs and wear a size 12 too!!!

Last edited by nitenurse; 11-16-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

LOL I have been told I talk too much anyway...hehe So maybe I will change the subject! It's only fair to say though that I don't talk to the people I work with much, I just walk through their classrooms and I get the eye rolls, nothing I can do about that. LOL

BumpSetSpike!! HOLLA!! Nampa is a jump away! AND I LOVE CHOPIN TOO!!! My father used to play all the time when I was a kid, good memories! I play a few preludes!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-16-2008 at 10:40 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh Ange!

Hey Salsalicious Girl: I'm so happy for you! Just be happy for yourself. I've not said much about my sizes to my girls and family because..........well, just because. BUT.....my girls are giving me their jeans and clothes because they are outgrowing (oldest) or too big (youngest). Saves me from buying them. Only problem is I'm almost sixty and they are in their thirties and if they give me one more pair of jeans with tight thighs and flared bottoms, short tops (which I understand I'm suppose to wear a long T-shirt under), low-riders...LOL!! When I went too my one year check up, my oldest daughter called and asked how it went and then she said did the doctor tell you that you were too skinny. Then her DH said to me that my daughter can probably take me now because she weighs more than me!! I was upset because I don't want any of my kids to have a weight problem and for her dumb arse hubby to tease her about it!!!!!!! Enjoy yourself because like most of us it is a pleasant shock and it has been so long. I know my family is happy that I'm healthier, have more clothes styles that I can wear (well besides elastic waists and stripes, plaids and florals), but don't dwell on it too much! If they have asked me how much I weigh I tell them, but most of all I encourage them to eat healthy and not get where I was. I would kill me to see my kids so unfit and sick and I haven't been a very good example for them.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #7  
LOVES BEING A LOSER!!!

S/C/G: SW219/CW118/GW126

Height: 5ft3in Surgery date is Saturday 6th December 2008 7.30am Roux-en-Y gastric Bypass (RGB)

Well what I want to say is this.
Firstly Congratulations and whey to go girl!!!!!!!
I look at it like this,
You deserve to be very happy and to Love yourself, as if before you were like me now, and Did not like yourself or love yourself, Its about time you loved your self because you deserve it.
You have worked really hard to get to were you are at now so milk it Girl!!
Lipgloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

if you want to boggle at yoru new sizes do it here. I got a lot of guilt from my heavier gfs and it slowed my losing.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

YES, YES, YES. I don't discuss the loss with anyone unless they ask me specific questions. I come here--to discuss all weight related issues with my weight loss "sisters." I know all of you are just as interested in the journey as I am. It does make my heavier friends feel uneasy--I know because I have been there and understand. I really dislike vague questions from people like, "what are you doing?" The reason why is that I don't want to give them misinformation and the changes have been much more than merely reducing calories and exercising.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #10  

KO, I have to say that when I get to 135 it will be extremely difficult for me to stay quiet! Good work!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #11  

nanj...you wear those low-rise, flair legged pants with the short tops...you deserve it!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #12  

LOL, I am so going to bust myself here. There is a woman I know and really don't care for--fake, plastic-ey, overweight and heavily make-up'd, etc. She has been rude to me on many occasion. I see her regularly and always make sure I am looking particularly HAWT when I am coming across her. Yep, I love watching her pretend she is distracted with someone/something else when I am around her.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #13  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

In a previous life I know I would feel jealous when any friends of mine would lose weight. I understand now that I was so unhappy with myself, that I couldn't be happy for anyone else. What gets me crazy is that it never dawned on me when I was younger that the only person stopping me from being happy was me.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelaks View Post
I am wondering if I should just LET them be jealous and take it all in, or if I should just be quiet about it and just KNOW I am doing well instead of talking about my shock every time I buy a new pair of jeans! LOL
Angela
**** no you should not be quiet! You worked so hard to get where you are, if they are annoyed that is their problem! Don't let them discourage you from celebrating your accomplishments! I went shopping yesterday & bought a pair of 16, the first time I've bought 16 in YEARS! You bet your butt I told every person I could! Be proud of yourself and if that means flaunting it, then girl, flaunt it!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #15  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

If people never tried to succeed b/c people would be jealous of them, no one would ever get anywhere in life. That's their personal issue, if they are jealous of your weight loss, they can make a trip to the doctor and find a plan that will work for them! You should be very proud of yourself!!!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote