Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Fullbar?

I was surprised to see a WL surgeon trying to cash into the weightloss market?!?! LOL! I wondered how many carbs and sugars are in this bar has? Wouldn't it be wonderful if this really, really worked as a permanent weightloss measure? Did anyone see the costs of these things? I really wish I could find a low carb, low sugar, high fiber, high protein bar that was under two dollars. Guess I'll have to wonder into GNC and check them out.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I think 3fc did a review of the. . .I think they'er a no fly zone they might expand the pouch!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  
it's always something

I don't know if they can be eaten if you've had WLS. It's a really good idea, but we don't know yet how effective they will be. If you find they work for you, you can buy directly from FullBar. I think they come down to a little over a dollar each if you buy a 3 month supply. There's a thread in Does it Work with some user reviews if that helps
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

I saw those commercials! I'm thinking that if surgery is a one time thing, this is the planned obsolescence version! LOL Nothing like having to buy the bars, get a good result and then have to keep buying them to keep that result! AND I think that you're right, Kier...I would worry about stretching the pouch.

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 11-08-2008 at 06:40 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

still think they are planned obsolescence! Something you have to buy over and over to keep the results. Before surgery I tried the gel you swallow before you eat, it didn't work for me And I don't think that the reviews you are talking about are for those that have had surgery. I don't think that we should eat something the fills the stomach...not only for the pouch stretching Idea but that we have a hard enough time getting enough protein, vitamins and fluids down...it can't be a good idea, IMHO.

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-01-2008 at 12:05 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't have cable so I haven't seen the infomercials for fullbar but we definitely get a lot of inquiries about them! I saw the website and saw where it said it was an alternative to Weight loss surgery, not for those who have had weight loss surgery.

I have to say I absolutely love protein bars myself. I love them a bit too much. I found that I can't keep them in the house. I do buy the Clif Nectar bars for my husband but I only have those if we go hiking. If I try to incorporate bars regularly into my eating routine, it works out well for a day or two and then I will binge on them.

I am unsure of the requirements of a bar for someone who has had weight loss surgery but they do list the nutritional information on the website, an example of one bar is:

Total fat 2.5g
Total carb 30g
dietary fiber 5g
sugars 10g
protein 6g
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

thanks, Nelie - based on the info you provided, these aren't a great idea for WLS folks. too many carbs, not enough protein.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote