3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   just updating (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/140779-just-updating.html)

jiffypop 04-25-2008 04:07 PM

just updating

sorry for not having posted very much - since mom's passing, i've been sick a lot, and have lost my home internet connection [my computer has been hacked and i don't dare hook it up!]

but i wanted to tell you some VERY valuable lessons that i've learned recently.

first of all, now that mom's gone, so is my stress eating! i NEVER IN MY LIFE believed that it would be possible to get past this. it's such a relief

second - exercise needs to happen, and it is, but much more slowly than i'd like. on the other hand, i realized - suddenly - that walking the dog 20 minutes in the AM and then 20 minutes in the PM ADDS UP!!!!!!

even if i gain - and trust me, i have - about 20 pounds - IT IS POSSIBLE TO GO BACK TO BASICS and lose it again. yes, it takes time. yes, it takes some attention, BUT IT WORKS!!! and that, i think, is the biggest gift.

sooo, tomorrow, i'm off to get more of my protein supplement, because i've realized that a 20-gram protein shake in the AM is the best path to success for ME, even this far out.

and lots of liquids. and hugs to you all.

Ruthxxx 04-25-2008 04:10 PM

And hugs to you too, Dear Friend. Nice to "see" you back.

The wicker awaits!

Leenie 04-25-2008 06:42 PM

Hi Jiffy,

Glad your back with us :hug: I'm so happy things are getting better and I agree...Rome wasn't built in a day.

Love you !!!!
Leenie

missangelaks 04-25-2008 08:15 PM

Thank you Jiff for all you do for us here...You're a special person!

Angela

KO 04-25-2008 08:51 PM

I'm glad to see you Jiff! :hug:remember it's all baby steps! Its time to take care of you!! We're here for you no matter what!
My Love and Prayers are with you!
Love,
Kier

nanj 04-26-2008 07:33 AM

We missed you!

I'm glad you are back with us and we certainly do miss you! I'm sorry that you have been sick. I'm glad about the stress-eating thing for you. And exercise....<sigh> I'm not a marathoner and never will be but what you said about 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there is a good thing and something that I have to live with right now. I stop doing the protein thingy in the morning because I thought that I would be alright without it but since my TP came in under 6 I'm back at that also. Keep leading my example JP, I certainly need that!

mistymed 04-26-2008 06:47 PM

jiffy, i love to hear from you, you make me want to be stronger. love ya

jiffypop 04-28-2008 04:23 PM

oh thank you ladies! you're the best - and i realized that i'd forgotten a couple of things - like it's now PLEASANT to make myself some decent food.

it's WONDERFUL to not have to wait until 10 pm to eat - because i couldn't choke food down while mom was awake.

and BEST OF ALL!!!!! i actually filled the tires on my bike, and rode it for miles on saturday! YAY!!!!!!!!

noranoranora 04-30-2008 02:41 PM

Hi Jiff! It's great to touch base with you again... I'm so impressed that you've made it all the way down to 225, nicely done!!!

Leenie, it's been a long time since I held wee Grace in my lap... how are you doing?

*waving at Roofie*

jiffypop 04-30-2008 05:47 PM

where in heavens name have you BEEN noranoranora?????????

Leenie 05-01-2008 10:52 AM

NORA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Home !!!!!!! We've missed you so much !! My Gracie isn't a handful anymore LOL she's a BIG girl now.

How are you ??????? How's little Heather ???

Oh what a nice surprise :hug:

noranoranora 05-02-2008 08:00 AM

Jiff, I moved, have 3 more grandkids... am going for a partial knee replacement next month, my eldest son and his family are moving in tomorrow for a few months while their new house is being built... I'm still working and still having the time of my life. Does that sum up the last 5 or 6 years nicely or what? LOL!!!

Leenie, it's so nice to *see* you again, too. Heather's lovely, she just turned 7 yesterday... I don't know if I can post a pic in here or not but I'll try...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...a/100_0044.jpg

seabreez2000 05-02-2008 10:41 AM

Hi Jiffy,Haven't posted here in awhile.You are always a great asset to this group,and inspiration.It sounds like alot has been going on.My prayers are with you.

take care
Hugs
Kim e

LakeGirl 05-03-2008 03:03 PM

Jiffy,

Haven't been here in ages and just wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your mom. This was the first post I opened, so I wanted to pass that on to you.

jiffypop 05-05-2008 10:08 AM

thank you, ladies!! and Kimberly - were your ears burning??? i was talking about you over the weekend, wondering how you're doing!!! i'd better go read your post!!!