3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/)
-   -   Need a lap band buddy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery/136092-need-lap-band-buddy.html)

Safiyah_is_Fluffy 03-03-2008 07:58 PM

Need a lap band buddy!

Hello,

My psyciatric evaluator says that I need a Lap Band buddy! Someone who has been through it to help me out :) Any takers?

mistymed 03-03-2008 10:37 PM

i will! i just had mine jan 28th. when is yours scheduled?

Leenie 03-04-2008 09:43 AM

We can all help... just holler ;)

Welcome to 3FC's :welcome: WLS Chickies.

Safiyah_is_Fluffy 03-04-2008 08:08 PM

mine should be the end of march beginning of april :)

mistymed 03-04-2008 09:36 PM

well good luck. keep us informed...

MorkieCoco 03-05-2008 08:05 AM

Lap Band Buddy

Hi, I am new to this message board, and I am also looking for a Lap band Buddy. i am currently in Post op, with a surgery date of 3/24/08.

Leenie 03-05-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorkieCoco (Post 2085525)
Hi, I am new to this message board, and I am also looking for a Lap band Buddy. i am currently in Post op, with a surgery date of 3/24/08.

Well howdy neighbor... I'm only a few towns away from you. Congrats on your surgery date :hug:

jiffypop 03-05-2008 03:43 PM

WEST MILFORD!!!!!! I'm just down the hill from you!!!!!!! just past route 287!

are you getting your lapband at Chilton?

MorkieCoco 03-06-2008 08:13 AM

I am actually getting the lap band done in Hackensack. The Dr. In Chilton did not take my medical Insurance. So I had no choice to have it in Hackensack. Congrats on your weight loss, wow! I need motivation and i am glad I found this message board. There are so many out there, however I have never been able to find local people that had the lap band done. I am almost 30 and It is time for me to start my life healthy. How do I add the ticker to the bottom of my post?

Leenie 03-06-2008 08:41 AM

OMG are you having Dr. Ballantyne (sp??? forgot how to spell his name LOL) do it ??

I had mine done at Hackensack too.... its a WONDERFUL hospital.

jiffypop 03-06-2008 09:12 AM

just between us girls, i think you're better off at hackensack because of the quality of the nursing care.

MorkieCoco 03-06-2008 10:03 PM

Well it looks like my date is pushed once again. Month 3 waiting on Insurance Coverage. Ugh.. I wish paperwork would happen allready.

swtgila 03-12-2008 09:33 PM

me too

I feel I sorta fit in here. I have completed my 6 mos of doc visits and blue cross has approved my lapband surgery. I have an appt scheduled April 1 with my doc for I guess pre-surgery stuff. Then I am told it will be 4-6 weeks b4 my surgery is scheduled. Not really knowing why it takes that long is frustrating. I guess they have their reasons and will tell me April 1 appt.

So, I guess my surgery won't be till May or June which is a bummer, as I seem to be gaining weight daily. Just can't find any control. Looking forward to getting to know some friends here to take the journey with.

Thanks!

swtgila 03-14-2008 08:26 PM

Hey there Misty..got your pm and thanks! It seems I can't pm you back or anyone until I have posted 10 times? I put myself back on weight watchers today to lose a few cuz I am miserable! I can't wear any of my clothes comfortably. I can't sleep cuz I binge all day and am uncomfortable at night and have to get up to pee about 6 times a night. I guess it is b/c of all the carbs and salt consumed during the day, holds in the water? I don't pee much during the day.but boy do I at night..I have no energy and am sleep deprived. Not functioning very well in the day. I've gotta get some weight off since lapband is not till May. :yawn::coffee::stress:

Leenie 03-15-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorkieCoco (Post 2088497)
Well it looks like my date is pushed once again. Month 3 waiting on Insurance Coverage. Ugh.. I wish paperwork would happen allready.

Who is your doctor ??