Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 252/147/135

Height: 5'7''

Oh, I actually go by the nutritional info on the can, so it says how many servings in the can, I go by that. I basically eat a can per day. I don't go by ounces. I should do some research and compare. I won't be a happy camper if they are doing the can calculations based on the water weight, ugh!

I think I have to chill on tuna though, isn't too much fish bad for you????
Shrinky Dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #17  

Cute name, Shrinky Dink! You are doing great so far. Try not to be discouraged!

I might have missed it, but I didn't see anybody mention exercise. Are you exercising? You need regular exercise to boost your metabolism and turn your body into a fatburning machine.

If you are not exercising regularly at this time, you might start with daily walks. If walking outside is not an option where you live (due to weather), use a treadmill, try mall walking or purchase some walk videos. I lost the majority of my weight while I did 30-40 minute daily walks! Walking works.

If you are doing something along those lines, make sure you are also toning your body. You want to build up your muscles. Building muscle helps burn fat faster!

Congratulations on the progress you have made up to this point!
DancingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 252/147/135

Height: 5'7''

Yup, I've been exercising. I always have, even before surgery. I do 30 - 45 minutes of cardio 5x weekly and weight training 5x weekly

Sadly, before I got so big I was a personal trainer. Maybe I will be someday again. I'm so ashamed that I let myself get this way

I'm glad it's coming off, but man! Whew, I figure I work off more than I eat LOL. Today I started upping my calories and spreading out my protein a little better. Let's hope the scale starts to move a little faster
Shrinky Dink is offline   Reply With Quote