3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   2007 Goals??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/99886-2007-goals.html)

lumifan4ever 12-15-2006 01:52 PM

2007 Goals???

Is it too early to ask anyone what they hope to accomplish next year?? Not just in the weight loss field but in anything else.

When I think about this year, I ask myself, what did I accomplish this year??

Well, I did lose 30 pounds. But I also paid off a big bill that had been hanging over my head, I bought a new car, I found a new boyfriend who is very sweet, and I managed to swing a raise at work.

Next year, I want to drop another 30 or maybe 40 pounds, there is another big bill hanging over my head that I want to pay off, I'd like to learn to cook better. So either I will keep trying my hand at it, or maybe i'll go take some cooking classes.

What do you want to accomplish in 2007??

ennay 12-15-2006 02:12 PM

Run 1150 miles...

Complete Portland Marathon

Get to a healthy BMI and <30% bf

Get a fence and new deck completed

Be stronger by the end of the year than I am now

BlueToBlue 12-15-2006 02:13 PM

I'd like to transition into maintenance. Decide whether I really want to lose these last three pounds and, if I do want to lose them, stop fooling around and lose them (or suck it up and admit that my goal is 118 rather than 115, so I can stop feeling guilty about eating at a maintenance level).

I'd like to continue to improve my diet. More whole foods, more water, less salt and processed foods.

I am having some relationship/mid-life crisis issues that I'd like to get resolved.

I'd like to get more A's games than we did last year. I'd also like to do more hiking. We've got to get out of the house a little more.

I'd like to do a better job accomplishing my goals at work. Last year I just treaded water.

YP1 12-15-2006 02:19 PM

Maintain, maintain, maintain.

Run another marathon or two, and take some time off my PB.

Sort out my domestic incompetence.

Start building a wardrobe of good quality classics now my dress size has stabilised and I don't need cheap and cheerful temporary clothes.

Work out where I want my career to go.

alinnell 12-15-2006 02:19 PM

I'd like to lose the last 5 pounds or perhaps 7 so I have a cushion for maintenance. I should be able to do this by the end of January or mid-February.

I'd like to maintain all the weight loss throughout the remainder of the year.

I'd like to get down to a routine with exercise that will help me maintain.

I'd like to not work so much, but I doubt that will happen unless we win the lottery!!!

I'd like to get my finances (savings) back to where they were a few weeks ago (took a 2nd on our mortgage to pay for a small piece of property and also took $$ out of savings to buy DD a car).

ValRock 12-15-2006 02:28 PM

Get to a healthy BMI, hopefully by March. I've never actually been there (as far as I can remember... so it'll be interesting :) )

I'd LOVE to get a promotion at work this year, we'll see.

Get everything in order and figure out what I REALLY want, that's the big one. Once I've got my body where I want it I'll be in a better frame of mind to make decisions about everything else. It seems this weight effects everything!

LisaMarie71 12-15-2006 03:14 PM

Great thread! Here are the things I want to happen in 2007:

I'd like to reach my goal weight of 165 -- I'm 53 pounds away.

I want to run a 5k, possibly in May but definitely by October (I'm thinking of two specific races, but not sure which one I'll be ready for).

I want to write something and attempt to get it published. I've played around with writing for years (I even teach writing), but I've never made a serious attempt. It's time.

I want to do some serious chipping away at my enormous debt.

I want to get pregnant (finally), which may kind of screw up that goal weight thing, but it would be so worth it. I can put off the smaller size jeans for a while if my husband and I could finally be blessed with a baby. Failing that, I want to make a decision with my husband about adoption.

I want to spend more time with my friends. I tend to neglect them and forget to call them when I should.

I want to start teaching piano lessons again.

Lots of goals for the new year!!

lumifan4ever 12-15-2006 03:29 PM

wow...those are some very impressive ,and thought out, goals. I think i will adopt a few of ya'lls goals if you don't mind. I still have alot of thinking to do about what i want to be able to say i accomplished in 2007. Think i'll start a journal and record my thoughts on what i want to accomplish and as i accomplish them, record that too. and each day, i want to make sure i keep my goals in sight so i can continue to reach for them each day. i need small goals, like drink more water and move more, in order to reach a goal of weight loss.

good luck to you all on your goals for 2007. i know for me, it is going to be an awesome year!!! :)

ennay 12-15-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YP1 (Post 1498623)
Sort out my domestic incompetence.

That is the perfect wording for one of my goals, I didnt know how to say it.

sotypical 12-15-2006 04:18 PM

Reach my final goal of 130 pounds by July 23.

Save money - as much as I can. I have a spending problem and want to break out of that.

I also want to go on a nice vacation with my boyfriend.

Tara D 12-15-2006 05:42 PM

I'll be starting a new job, and I'm scared out of my mind! It will have major responsibility and I'm having some confidence issues about my abilities. My goal will be to succeed...and be good at it!

100percentME 12-15-2006 05:50 PM

My goals:

Loose 25 pounds and KEEP IT OFF

Me and my sisters want to run a marathon summer of 08 so i want to get into shape to be able to do that.

Learn to stop procrastinating!!! (its a bad habit that has been really hurting me this year)

Ummm.... i will probably pick up several more goals throughout the next couple weeks.

ravotrina 12-15-2006 07:39 PM

My goal is to have my ideal weight, do more exercice and the most important thing: BE ABBLE TO MANTAIN MY WEIGHT

Sheila53 12-15-2006 08:08 PM

Reduce my bodyfat percentage to 20% (I will know next week if I hit my 2006goal of 25%).

Run a faster 5K.

Buy a kayak.

Drop these last six stubborn pounds and maybe even some more.

Make new friends and keep the old.

Last January 1, my DH, his daughter, and I wrote down 3 goals for 2006, and sealed them in an envelope. We don't know what each other's goals were (and I don't quite remember one of mine!), but we'll open the envelope on January 1. It's kind of a fun new tradition, although it was accompanied by dinner at a Mexican restaurant. :o

jillybean720 12-16-2006 11:05 AM

That's an awesome new tradition, Sheila! I may have to steal it :devil:

I've already had my Christmas 2007 goal ticker in my signature for a few weeks now :cool: