Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #16  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Its 50 pounds from my start weight. Ideally I would like to be at 125 which is 62 pounds from my start weight, but we will have to see how I look and feel the closer I get.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

Height: 5'6"

I chose 145 because it I will no longer be overweight. It is easier for me to maintain. I tried maintaining at 135 for several years and it just was to hard so I gave up and just let myself go. I am in a 9/10 at 160 so I should be at 7/8 at 145. I have been weight lifting and using the eliptical trainer for about 10 months now and I have built up a little muscle. I see myself maintaining this for life.
Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #18  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

http://www.halls.md/
This website will give an idea of the healthy range and you pick a number within that range you feel comfortable with. Maybe start off at the higher end of the range and see how you feel when you get there. It may be that with muscle etc. you'll be perfectly happy there.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #19  
mostly harmless

My original goal was 140, which was 5 lbs more than I weighed when I enlisted in the Army 24 years ago, and I was in pretty good shape then.

However, I revised that when I started looking at body fat percentages and where I wanted to be. I want to be at 20% body fat, and that will be at about 135 at my current muscle/fat ratios. I had more muscle way back when- so my body fat percentage is/will be higher than it was when I was young- but that's OK. I'm older now. It's a reasonable goal.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #20  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I have 128 as a goal because the last time I was "reasonably thin" 128 is what I calculated I would need to be at to be at a good body fat% if I just lost fat.

When I get close I will measure body fat and readjust to match.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #21  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

i picked my goal of 140 because it is in the middle of the "healthy range" for my height, its about 10 lbs under the thinnest i've been in my adult life (i've always felt like i needed to lose weight, even back then), and it the number i've always put on my drivers liscenses...its like i've been longing to weigh that number. I dont know if its even possible though!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #22  

I picked 160 because I was completely and perfectly happy with my body at that weight. I had tons of energy and I had more options when shopping. I fit in airplane seats and on roller coaster rides.

At 160 pounds, I was also comfortable on a horse and in a bathing suit. My figure was just right for my body shape.

Even if I don't reach that goal, I will be super excited to just get under 200.

I keep in mind that I've had a child and I have PCOS and have been overweight for a large portion of my life, so it will be a struggle to get near my 160 pound goal. If I don't make it, I will try to not beat myself up. I will just continue to eat healthy and exercise like always.
Celesteral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #23  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Going for 135. Healthy BMI and makes it an even 100 lbs to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be 120ish, but I honestly have no idea what my adult body is going to be like. I have a completely different body type than anyone one in my family (Mom's 5'8, Dad's 6'0, Bro's 6'1, assorted aunts/uncles/cousins all 5'10-6'6 on both sides). Me? 5'3 and a little. Adopted? No, just inherited my great grandmother on my paternal grandfather's side's body. ... It's very strange to be the shortest person in a family of giants...
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #24  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorefatpants View Post
http://www.halls.md/
This website will give an idea of the healthy range and you pick a number within that range you feel comfortable with. Maybe start off at the higher end of the range and see how you feel when you get there. It may be that with muscle etc. you'll be perfectly happy there.
Funny I picked 128 as my ideal and the "peoples choice" was 127 - and I am actually a bit over 5-3"
Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 AM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Well my 1st goal is 150, simply because I was at 170 and I looked pretty good then, so I figured 150 would be ideal for me, as I have a larger body frame. Then I figure once I reach 150, I could go from there. If I want to lose more and maybe get down to 130, then so be it, if I don't and stay at 150, I would be happy at that.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 AM   #26  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I picked 160 because I would officially be within my weight range. Since I've toned up a bit with exercise I figure i'll look less than that. I was 118 in high school and anorexic looking, I was 135 when I got married at 20 and that was about right, though probably still thin. I'd love to ultimately get down to anything less than 140. hey, even 142 is 100 pounds from my highest weight. I'll take that too. In theory though i'll be happy with 160, ecstatic with 150 and tickled pink with 140. So we'll see! I already fel a TON better.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:34 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I originally picked 130 because that sounded reasonable for a woman my age When I got there the first time ... I just didn't like it. I felt like bones with flab on (DUH!)
I was a bit surprised to find that I'm really pretty tiny ... fine boned.
This time at 130 lbs, I'm the same size as I was at 120 but look and feel much better. It would be a comfort to hover under 125 but a good firm 130 would be OK. I like this size, I just don't like the softness.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

My goal is 135. My lowest weight was 145 and I was already fitting into a size 7/8, and some 6s. I felt great but knew I wanted to be leaner ( I was running 5Ks at the time as I will again). I'm following Dr Phils chart in his book and he has my range at 117-143,but there is no way I'd go down that far. I'd be a stick size 2. I want muscle and I love my curves. And the biggest thing...I want a maintainable weight for me.
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #29  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
My goal is sort of arbitrary, for a couple of reasons. One, I've never been thin as far as I can remember, so I don't have any pics or experience at a weight i've been comfortable with.

Two, my family is built like lead. Seriously. My sister is just a shade under 5'2, weighs 160, and is a size 8 with a teensy waist. Her BMI is technically borderline obese, and she is a little tiny thing. For some reason, we are more compact than the typical person. Currently I weigh a shade over 200 lbs and several people who see a lot of people/weights (namely, my doctor and my personal trainer) have said they think i look like I weigh about 180-185, so its really hard to make an estimate of what the number on the scale will be when I get to a goal size/appearance, except that it will probably be on the high side of healthy for my height according to the charts.
Yeah I am a bit the same way, although not as much now that I am older. But my first triathlon I registered as an Athena and the woman doing the registration asked me my weight 3 times and then said, well you dont LOOK 151. Of course, she was borderline the other way and probably thought 150 was morbidly obese.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #30  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

My mother says the same about us, that we're far heavier than we look. But I think that could be because we're all tall which naturally makes us heavier.

As to how I picked my goal, it was initally 160 because that was a nice round 100lb loss and was a normal BMI for me (168 was the magic number, but I rounded my target down a bit for a nice "pounds lost" total). To be honest, I never dreamed that I would make it, I just chose a number that looked nice to work towards, and that made me feel comfortable posting in the 100lb club (I didn't want to post there if I wasn't going to commit to losing 100!).

Because I'd never been thin I had no idea what size that would be, or if it was where I actually wanted to be. But it was a nice round number. I remember thinking at about 180 or so that I'd got to the dress size that I realistically hoped for, and that I'd be happy with that if I never lost any more. Actually, I'd have been happy a fair bit earlier than that as even losing a relatively small part of the 100lb total really did make a difference. But when I got there I just kept on losing, and decided to see where my weight settled naturally without desperately aiming for a particular figure. For the past 6 months I've been hovering around 153.5 which is lower than my original goal, and a far smaller size than I ever thought was possible for me. Actually, now I'm considering trying to lose a couple more pounds, but not with any urgency. Sadly it's not that I'm not happy with my weight as it is, just that I'd like to be able to say I've lost 110lb/50kg and I'm only a tiny bit away. I'm not going to be upset if I never make it though, and if my body's happy here then I'm happy with that.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote