I was just saved by RUSH

• The band, not the limbaugh

I was in the grocery tonight right after dinner and had unbelievable sweet cravings. And after rejecting all the candy I suddenly had a vision of a McD's icecream cone. And I knew without a doubt that despite the fact that I was not hungry and didnt really want the icecream, that I was compelled to get it. I knew rationally thate I was very thirsty which is why i wanted sweet (spicy dinner) I left the store, I turned right towards McD's

I see the yellow lights I am almost there.

The radio is on but barely registering in my inner dialogue about the stupid ice cream "If you choose not to decide
    You still have made a choice"

and then WHAM the line came on

"I choose FREE WILL"

WHAM

I will not be ruled by icecream especially when what I need and crave is water.

I drove home.

the complete lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rush/fr..._20119963.html
  • Haha That's great! I was singing the song in my head while reading your post. Now I'll probably have it stuck in my head all day. Thanks! LOL Nice!
  • Yay for your self control!! I bow to you because I have still not mastered this art. My control crumbles to pieces when I see starchy goodness around me.
  • It's possible that just craving the McDonald's ice cream cone (around 120 calories) was a victory - you might have wanted deep-fried cheesecake or one of those enormous Cold Stone Creamery bowls (+1000 calories). Good for you for resisting a temptation if you really didn't want it! It's always tough for me to figure out if I really DO want a treat or if I just want it to want it.
  • I'm on a bit of a kick about music this morning. I think it has amazing powers over our thoughts, feelings, energy levels.
    We live in a small town with a small grocery store. On days when the employees are mostly young, they play 'rock' music. I think I move about the store with more vigour and only grab healthy things then. I think. I'm more apt to meander and wander and peruse if the music is softer and more lulling. I think.
  • That is fabulous! Good for you!