I must be nuts!

• So, Wish me luck, cause I will need it. I've just accepted a long term position at the school I am a permanent sub at. So I've started writing my lesson plans and etc. I'd been thinking for a while about getting up early to go to the gym before work, but I'd never done it.

Well, the alarm is set for 4am. The goal is to get up and go and do 30 min spinning and 20-25 elliptical and then come back, shower, and get ready for work and go in early (leave at 6) I don't have the inclination in the afternoons to come home and go to the gym (and now I'll have curriculum and lesson plans to write so I need the time), and I am also a full time grad student, so some days I have class and Can't go to the gym after work. So this is my solution.

Hopefully it iwll also help with stress because I already get an average of 2 migraines a month. The dr told me if it hits 4 I have to go to preventative meds, and I don't want that happening, so too much stress would be bad!

Whew. Sorry. Long winded.

But I'm determined! (at least tonight!)
  • Best of luck to you! What will you be teaching? I taught middle school art for a few years and then 5th grade for about 2 seconds There might be other teachers who would be willing to walk with you ifyou ask them. We had one of our English teachers who did aerobics for us in the gym after school so we wouldn't have to go some where else.
  • and on planning ahead!
  • Congrats on the job and good luck with the 4am. You can totally do it. Just pretend its not an option. Works for me, I just go into "just do it" mode. I was a intern teachers aid in college. kindergarten.. OMG.. never again. Patience of saint I tell ya!
  • THanks for all the well wishes....I did get up at 4 today...but I didn't make it to the gym. But it is still set for 4 again, and this time I will go! Really!

As for what I am teaching....I'm teaching at the high school, in the business dept. 3 bells of keyboarding and 1 each of IT Fundamentals and Web Development. Wouldn't be so bad, but today I was talking to another keyboarding teacher and my kids are WAY behind. Apparently all the sick days from the teacher I am replacing has really put them off schedule and the discipline sucks. So now I get to be a major PAIN IN THE ***.

But then, that's ok. Sometimes, it isn't such a bad thing.
  • I DID IT! This morning I got up, was in the gym by 4:15 and left at 5:15. NOw I have so much extra time in the morning....It feels rather strange.....
  • Good work! I think it's very smart of you to start new making habits right from the begining of your new routine.
  • grumbleworts

the screenname, BTW!