3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   soda vs. food (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/99097-soda-vs-food.html)

Reddalice 12-01-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA (Post 1486304)
You will get used to drinking water if you do it - if you say it is boring? how can that be, do you mean tasteless? replacing it with food is certainly not the way to go or the soda routine either. Your body requires pure water to function. All the additives make your body work harder to get what it needs. Too many carbonated drinks can cause kidney stones...I had one 20+ years ago and haven't drunk anything carbonated since...worst pain in the world.

Boring is an emotional word, a state of being that many hate, and brings many of us down- or up to a very unhealthy weight and mental plain. It's something to be avoided... equating comfort with unhealthy things. I'm sad, but soda makes me feel better, I'm bored... but the crackling of the carbonation feels good and interests me. I'm finding that small things are turning off my cravings for things I don't want to subject myself anymore... my snacking? I'm TRYING to knit and draw more... and be here more to give advice. Trade. Give something up and give yourself something in return. Make small hemp bracelets, not everyone will understand, but it's productive.

ennay 12-01-2006 05:44 PM

Seltzer water - flavored is ok but make sure it is not sweetened either with sugar or artificial stuff - just essence of lemon or lime. Then if you want to 12 oz of seltzer add 1/3 cup 100% juice of some kind. That way instead of it being 120 calories for 8 oz its about 40 calories for about 15 oz.

To wean your self off soda try either limiting it to one a day or mixing it with plain seltzer.

I treat myself to an occasional diet soda for the same reason, carbonation makes me feel full, but not more than 4 a week. Its the only artificial sweetener I eat.

Hot herbal tea is somewhat more "filling" than water.

When I used to have a hard time drinking water I would take a 2 liter bottle and fill it with water each morning. Then I could not have any other beverage until that bottle was empty.

Reddalice 12-01-2006 05:45 PM

The local stores around me have carbonated water... no cal. no fat. no sodium. They taste awesome. I find them at wal-mart, Haggens, Safeway, The Food Pavilion, Cost Cutter.

Calejo 12-01-2006 06:23 PM

I too have a definate addiction to pop. well, pop, or mocha frapp's. YUM
Maybe it's just the caffiene... I don't know, but I do like the pick-me-up I feel after I drink some. Almost like a reward for working out and keeping it together, lol. I know that it really isn't good for me, but I haven't been able to beat it yet and I'm not sure how to either. It doesn't help that I work in a grocery store either. Plenty of access.

SlimmingWorldChick 12-02-2006 06:51 AM

Why don't you try sugar free squash? this really got me into water...now i don't drink anything else other than water, cos i find diet coke makes me crave.

jillybean720 12-02-2006 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimmingWorldChick (Post 1486874)
Why don't you try sugar free squash?

Is this a type of drink? I'm confused :?:

SlimmingWorldChick 12-02-2006 08:24 AM

Well...it's like a mixed drink..basically it's a drink that you buy and before you drink it you have to dilute it with water. Hope this helps..

lilybelle 12-02-2006 02:38 PM

I like to squeeze a fresh lemon in a glass of water with ice cubes and splenda. I had read somewhere that fresh lemon juice helps get rid of belly fat. Don't know if it's true or not, but giving up the 6 Mt. Dew's I used to drink per day sure did help get rid of the fat.
My other favorite drink is crystal light in the to go packages.