Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:50 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default We LOVE Mikky D's

Have you seen THAT ------>

Yes that's right I'm loving it! Hydrogenated vegetable oil and refined carb McMeal for me please!

I mean, there are people here trying to resist binges, people trying to NOT eat there... Do we really think seeing a MACDONALD'S advert on a WEIGHT LOSS site is kind?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

This is driving me bonkers! I don't usually get wound up but jeez! I completely understand that the site needs advertising to pay for hosting the forum and all that, and yes that's pretty cool and I'm fine with the adverts since I usually pay no attention to them.... However this one caught my eye! And now it's all I can think about!!! I haven't been in a fast food restaurant in YEARS and I'm not planning to but I know there's a mikky d's down the road... GAH!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

Ok... it's gone now! I will presume that it was just a mistake posting that advert on here!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

They have crappy food. I used to love eating there and grew up on it but since my new health kick if I am going to splurge, and believe me I still eat out once a week, I would rather it be In & Out Hamburgers, a place where everything is never froizen or microwaved, always fresh, fresh cut fries right from the potatoes. The last time we took the kids to Mikky D's Like 4 months ago I was so disappointed! It just tasted like crap to me!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have never seen a McD's advertisement here. The ads do rotate, though, and change every so often, so they may very well be in the rotation of ads. If they bother you that much, then maybe you should pay for membership so the site will be ad-free
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #6  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, I can see paying for *no* ads, Jill. But I still feel it's pretty messed up if a *diet* site has an ad for Mc-fecken-Donalds, and honestly, I don't think that one should have to pay just to get away from that kind of binge-triggery ad. I think - if it is there - it is totally an inappropriate ad to have on this site.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Nikaia is stalking me!!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #8  
I AM healthy!

hahaha Just teasing!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #9  

The ads do rotate and I bet I saw one for there and that is why I have had a huge craving for McDonalds and I haven't eaten there in ages. I've been vegetarian for a long time too...and what I'm craving is chicken nuggets. Weird weird weird.

I'm going out for a jog.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You're telling me there was a McD's ad up on this site? Whoa. Could it have been some sort of mistake? But I guess mistakes like that really don't happen. Right? I definitely understand the need for ads on this site, it does fund the site and keep it going. You know what ad I really find repulsive - the ad for the toe nail fungus where the discolored toe nail pops right out at you - yuch it's gross.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #11  
No description available.

I check out a writers' website that has ads for scam agents and "publishers". Those ads could rip off newbies, and there have been complaints. But in general the ads pay for the site, so viewer beware. : ) Just think about how nasty McD's really is and choose something far far yummier. Or, if you must, get a small hamburger and small fries.

The jog is an excellent idea!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #12  
it's always something

The ad banners are fed in through an advertising agency and are not chosen by us. We see them when you see them. However, we do have the right to cancel an ad that we find inappropriate. We agree, and we don't love McD's

I will contact the advertiser to remove the McDonalds ad. It could take up to 24 hours to process the change.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention
Closed Thread