3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Thankful (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/98696-thankful.html)

Eiluj 11-22-2006 08:03 PM

Thankful

First, I wanted to express my thanks for this great forum.

Considering tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, I'd like to ask everyone about what they are thankful for on their journeys to new and better lifestyles.

For me:

I'm thankful that my husband completely supports my attempts to overhaul my world.

I'm thankful that I love vegetables. Cauliflower is my favorite food!

I'm thankful that I don't have a huge sweet tooth.

I'm thankful that I have to take my lunch to work instead of getting tempted with restaurant or vending machine or cafeteria foods.

I'm thankful for all the love and support I've always gotten from my family. They never judged my weight gain, and they'll be ecstatic when I demonstrate my new approach to life.

And I'm thankful for you! Thank you!

What are you thankful for?

denice81 11-22-2006 11:26 PM

I'm VERY thankful that my husband has also committed to a healthier lifestyle
I'm thankful i've found this website and all of you wonderful chicks
I'm thankful that i've stuck with it this long! Here's to another healthy year!!!

cantforgetthis 11-23-2006 12:44 AM

I'm thankful for the people on this site! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have gotten this far. :hug:

I'm thankful for friends that are supportive and have never showed a negative side. :angel:

I'm thankful for being able to wake up pain free after many years and actually being able to walk the stairs normally.

I'm thankful that I've been able to stick with school and will be graduating soon. :book2:

I'm thankful that i'm able to support myself without having to depend on anyone else. :high:

I'm thankful that I was able to find a plan that allows me no struggle in my new lifestyle. (Even on holidays!) :D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! :turkey:

2frustrated 11-23-2006 05:09 AM

I'm thankful for 3FC

I'm thankful for the gym

I'm thankful for my job that lets me afford the gym

I'm thankful for my kickboxing teacher, I think without him I wouldn't find it so fun and I wouldn't still be going after moving house

I'm thankful for trainers that come in a size 8.5

I'm thankful for dri-fit clothing!

I'm thankful for organic foods, and that they are becoming more mainstream

I'm thankful for my George Foreman

I'm thankful for the free time I have to devote to the gym and training

I'm thankful for the microwave in the work kitchen! :lol:

HarpoChicoGroucho 11-23-2006 05:21 AM

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...p4ujk845ce.gif

I'm thankful for my family
I'm thankful for 3FC!!!!
I'm thankful for my health
I'm thankful for my kitties
I'm thankful for peas!
I'm thankful for people who compliment (or just notice) my weight loss
I'm thankful for Coke Zero!!!
I'm thankful for my friends
I'm thankful for high speed internet
I'm thankful that I'm finished raking and bagging leaves :carrot:
I'm thankful for laughter
I'm thankful for good music
I'm thankful for sleep :tired:
I'm thankful Thanksgiving is only once a year!!

BlueToBlue 11-24-2006 02:34 AM

• I'm thankful for a job that is challenging and interesting, enables me to work a flexible schedule, lets me work full time out of my home, and pays me enough to afford both a gym membership and a personal trainer.
  • I'm thankful for supportive friends who never fail to comment on how great I look.
  • I'm really thankful that my SO turned over the whole vegetable garden a few weeks ago so that I could plant the winter crop.
  • I'm thankful for raspberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, and winter squash. Soon I expect to be thankful for fennel, turnips, pea shoots, and snap peas.
  • I'm thankful for Trader Joe's.
  • I'm thankful that my SO is willing to try whatever crazy low calorie recipe I come up with for dinner and that he lets me steal a potato chip from his lunch every day.
  • I'm thankful for the sales pitch the staff at my gym gave me when I joined. Without their enthusiasm I never would have gotten started on this journey.
  • I'm thankful for the guava tree in my backyard (22 jars of guava jelly and counting!)
  • I'm thankful I have the next three days off!
  • I'm thankful for the self-discipline, determination, and competiveness my mother instilled in me.
  • I'm thankful the A's finally managed to win the first round of the play-offs and that I was at the clinching game, even though they went down in the second round. There's always next year! I'm also thankful the A's might be moving to Fremont!
  • I'm thankful for all my friends and family, especially my sister, my stepmom, and my SO.

Happy Thanksgiving!
:thanks2:

ravotrina 11-24-2006 09:17 AM

We don`t have thanksgiving here but i`m telling what i`m thankful for
- First of all i`m thankful for my wonderful family and how much i love them and how much they love me too. How they spoil me and how they have suport me in this dificult time in my life

- I`m thankful for my dad, for motivate me to do diferent things with my life, for our special time every sunday morning drinking coffee and talking about the world

- I`m thankful for my friends, who maybe are not with me everytime but they are like family and i love them

- I`m thankfull for diet coke (lol) and for my adiction to drink it

- I`m thankful because i have spend a year without eating junk food for McDonald`s or other places

- I`m thanksfull because i leave all they calories of alcohol behing

- I`m thankfull for 3fc and for the wonderful people here

Well is all i can think now

Good luck

Isa

Mom2QJandT 11-24-2006 01:52 PM

I wrote this for my blog, but thought that I would share it here as well....

I can't even believe how many things should be on this list, but here it goes....

I am thankful that I have three beautiful kids that are healthy, smart, and imaginative.

I am thankful that I have the support of my family when life throws me a curve.

I am thankful that I have friends that are so good to me on a daily basis.

I am thankful that I have a job that affords me the ability to take care of my kids and live the life that I am accustomed to living.

I am thankful that I have my health and that I am taking charge of my health before it is too late.

I am thankful for the beautiful home that I live in and the luxuries that we take for granted everyday.

I am thankful that I am a strong, independent woman that does not feel the need to have someone around to make her complete. I am thankful that I am in relationships because I want to be, not because I feel that I have to be.

Last, but not least...I am thankful for all of the shoes and purses in my closet and my brand new truck that I love!