Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #31  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Yay! Good for you on battling the PB monstor. I LOVE peanut butter to. Natural peanut butter was allowed when I went on South beach and..I kept sneaking the spoon in the jar. I've never eaten PB so fast! lol That was a mistake to do that, I know.

Now, when I get my peanut butter out for toast or celery (or something), I just use one table spoon to scoop it out and then quickly close the jar and put it away so I can't dunk my spoon in for another scoop. It works pretty well. I take what I got on my spoon and stick it in a small ramiken or something and then eat it with what ever I'm eating it with, and then lick my spoon clean.

Mmm...peanut butter...
Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #32  

I should probably add that I do measure my pb intake by 1/2 and tablespoon increments. I have to, otherwise I'd be in the same boat! LOL
Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #33  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

OMG, Tara, I could have written your post on PB. I hadn't eaten it but maybe once or twice a yr. since I was a child. About a month ago, I decided one day to have some on a spoon. I absolutely loved it. Before that, I had it very rare because I never cared for the texture of it. Now, I could eat it all the time. I am limiting it now to twice a week and only 1 TBSP. It's funny how a TBSP can hold so much if you aren't careful. When it's on bread,, I like it spread very thin. I haven't had it in 3 days now. I wish you the best with your control of it and mine also. I'm thankful for this post and it has helped me alot.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I DID IT!!!! No extra peanut butter today after lunch! YES!!!!
Couldn't have done it without you guys! It's amazing how well posting here has worked! I almost can't believe it!

Sunnigummi: Congratulations to you, too! Good luck in the days to come!
Lilybelle: Thanks for your support!

ON TO TOMORROW!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #35  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Gratz, Tara! Well done! One more day safely past.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #36  
On Hold until 8/07!

S/C/G: 200/160/135

Yay Tara!

I've been eating a PB&J every day for months now. I couldn't stand peanut butter when I was pregnant with my second, so once I could eat it again I went wild. I still haven't fully recovered, lol, and she's 8 months old. Sooner or later I should probably try eating something else for lunch. Heh.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #37  

Day #3 today! About to make my sandwich! Once again, I pledge not to go back to the jar! Will post results soon!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #38  

Success again! It's amazing what being accountable to real people has done. When being accountable to just fitday and myself was not quite doing the job, I was happy I had you guys to rely on. Thanks for helping. It has made a big difference! I think I'll have to continue posting daily for at least a little while, but I feel like I'm beating the monster!

Sunnigummi: How did yesterday go? Were you able to avoid cheetos today?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #39  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Yay, Tara! Way to go on resisting temptation!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #40  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Tara, WTG. I allowed myself one carefully measured TBSP of PB yesterday. I thought of this thread as I measured it and it helped me to have control.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #41  

Thanks! It's so weird how this started! It never even occurred to me to eat it out of the jar until a few weeks ago, and once I "discovered" it, it became a problem. How weird! I'd been eating PB and J for months before the idea of eating from the jar surfaced!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #42  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

When I was a little kid, maybe 9, 10, 11 I was a peanut butter fanatic, had it everyday, on bread, on a spoon or just on my finger was good enough. Anyway I was also suffering from debilitating migraines, went to umpteen doctors, neurologists everything and then.... they finally looked into my diet and lo and behold through trial and error.....you guessed it, it was my precious peanut butter. Weaning me off of it was pure he!! But I eventually did kick the habit...........only to start again as a young adult and it no longer gave me migraines (yay!) as long as I eat it in moderation. So I guess that's a good thing, perhaps?? Now I wish pasta and ice cream would give me migraines, no not really. But anyway seeing this thread has brought it all back to me. I try not to have it more then once a week, 1 tbs. is tops for me.

But boy oh boy Tara can I relate. You are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work.

And to everyone who is also resisiting their temptations, and I guess that's all of us at one time or another -
Old 11-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #43  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I thought I made a post here about the Prevention Peanut Butter Diet, but I guess I dreamed it.... ?????

Anyway, there really IS a "peanut butter diet" which is very yummy AND healthy for PB addicts. It has been in the Prevention magazine more than once; I think it is a Prevention original diet...? Not sure about that, but I'm sure you could get the Peanut Butter off their website, OR, I've even seen the book at the grocer-market check outs.

Worth a look-see, anyway, right? I mean, any diet that allows me to eat my FAVORITE food is gonna get a WOO HOO outta me!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #44  

Thanks, Beach Patrol. I did take a look at the website. The only thing is that I really don't have a desire to eat peanut butter in all sorts of things. I just like my sandwich for lunch, and I liked eating it plain from the jar. Thanks for the tip, though!
Old 11-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #45  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick30 View Post
Oh girl I feel your pain! I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some peanut butter! I could just grab a spoon, sit in front of the TV and eat 3/4 of the entire jar! I would be sick but I couldn't stop myself.

In light of my unabashed gourging on my beloved p.b I am not able to have any in my house. This also goes for nuts, cereal, cookies, and other assorted food that I know are my trigger foods that cause me to loose control. I sincerely wish you the best of luck on your taming of the peanut butter demon !!!
Oh I could have written your post.

Everyone has their demon foods and it really is the best thing not to buy them.

One of mine is sugar - if I have sugar in the house I will just eat it by the spoonful. So I buy granulated sweetener (which I know isn't the best thing but it's only a spoonful on my cereal in the morning) and I'm definitely NOT tempted to eat that by the spoonful!

But, yes, PB is one of mine too.
Closed Thread