Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think it is possible that your body really just needs some protein. Also protein tends to fill you up. I'm not sure if it is really a craving that is having you eat more peanut butter than you should or just desire. If it is a craving, I'd look at some other ways you can introduce more protein into your lunches.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #17  
Mel

Tara, I have a horrible peanut butter addiction. I've used natural peanut butter for the last 25 years, so it's not sugar cravings, and over 50% of my calories come from protein so it sure isn't a need for more protein! For me, it's a trigger food, plain and simple. It's always in the fridge because my son and husband eat it in moderation, but I have to treat it like a drug. I get my daily measured dose Otherwise, I'd just eat the entire jar with a spoon, then go stir up another one.

My only suggestion is measure it out, the CLOSE THE JAR and put it away! Put other stuff in front of it in the fridge.

How do they make natural peanut butter with half the calories? If a lot of the oil is taken out, it would be peanut butter briquettes.

Edited later:
Ick. I found it. Better'n Peanut Butter

100 calories per 2 tablespoons and only 3 grams of fat, but here are the ingredients:
Quote:
Peanuts (as de-fatted peanut flour and natural peanut butter), tapioca syrup, pure water, dehydrated cane juice, rice syrup, vegetable glycerin, soy flour, salt, tapioca starch, natural flavors, paprika & annatto, calcium carbonate, lecithin, vitamins e & c (antioxidants).
I think I'll stick to my Crazy Richards. Ingredients: 100% Peanuts.

Mel
Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Found the website www.betternpeanutbutter.com. This is what's in the lower fat/calorie peanut butter:

"Peanuts (as de-fatted peanut flour and natural peanut butter), tapioca syrup, pure water, dehydrated cane juice, rice syrup, vegetable glycerin, soy flour, salt, tapioca starch, natural flavors, paprika & annatto, calcium carbonate, lecithin, vitamins e & c (antioxidants)."
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #19  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I have recently been eating the Smucker's All Natural P.B. and I like that. It is not as yummy as the regular but I can deal with it. It only has 1 gram of sugar. I stick to one tbs though.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #20  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

If peanut butter is your trigger food or something you just LOVE - then perhaps you should try the Peanut Butter Diet.

It can be found through the Prevention website or information through their magazine.
Closed Thread