Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Beating the gym....and winning!

Alright....before this weekend the last time I actually got into the gym was August...AUGUST! When I went there in August I was confronted with the fact that it had in fact been so long since I had been there the gym had changed management....and become a different gym (They even painted the building inside and out and changed the layout etc)! I had no idea...I had to re-register and everything! I hadn't been back there since August until yesterday and I was so afraid of going in there.....confronted with all of the fit thin girls at the desk who would see me and their computer and know that I hadn't worked out in months (which is obvious) as I asked for my new member card that I hadn't botherd to come back and pick up in 4 months...but I did it.
I got up, ate a healthy breakfast and dragged myself there...and it wasn't so bad! I got my new card, winced while they took my new picture and signed in and got down to business. I worked out for about 2 hours and felt great!

Today when I woke up my body was obviously telling me that I am more out of shape than I like to admit with all its aching and creaking. I had a moment of wanting to give up but I sucked it up got in my car and went back for round 2. I knew that I could either not go back and take a few days and let my body regain its feeling of comfort but then I thought I'd just be back where I started so I decided to work through the pain and hit up an hour of cardio. It still hurts but it can only get better!

I've been changing my eating habits for about 2-3 weeks now and this was my first couple of days in the gym in months. I'm feeling pretty good! Tomorrow is going to be my first encounter with a scale since I began my get -healthy crusade... I hope it brings good news!!!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #2  
Mel

Great job on walking back through that door But...if you haven't worked out in months, I think 2 hours is a bit much. Taking a day between workouts if you are doing weights would be a good idea.

How did your cardio go today? If you are really sore, take it a bit more slowly. Getting back into shape takes time. If you burn yourself out in the first week, you aren't helping yourself in the long run.

Congratulations on going back to the gym.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

good for you. I've been meaning to go back to the gym all year. I had only just signed up and I broke my arm, and then I just let it slide. I have just spent the last week getting the courage up myself to go back .
What do you do for cardio ? that's my hardest challenge .
I will ring the gym up now and sort out my membership and post back to see how your going.

And yes you need to have day in between to rest .
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote