Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #1  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Default Have I been here long enough to whine?

Maybe it's just the week I'm having -- I have a work deadline looming pretty closely -- but I just don't feel like I can do it anymore! After an arm injury that's reduced my exercise, I plateaud. I wanted to take everyone's recommendations from Calorie Counters to break through it. I stayed on plan all week, and promised myself no treat meals until I could work out full steam again.

Well, Friday night, my boyfriend took me out to dinner. It was definitely a treat, but really not so heavy and I didn't feel guilty at all, just satisfied. But then the weekend just kinda got away from me. I didn't count at all, which is fine sometimes, but I was pretty derailed. The really troublesome thing is that I felt the THRILL of REBELLION. I was like, I'm not counting and this feels GREAT!

Just so it's clear, when I am on plan I'm not overly restrictive (1620), I eat a well-balanced diet of whole and organic foods and a nice mix of high volume lo-cal foods and small portioned rich foods, and I drink lots of water too. So that's not the problem.

I don't know what this means for my food plan. I feel like I can pick it up again for the week, but then what? As long as I feel like I'm fighting myself, I don't think this can work.

Any wise words for me? TIA.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #2  

Look up I Intuitive Eating #2 here. That my give you some ideas. I also recommend the book, The Overfed Head by Rob Stevens.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I went through something similar this summer. just NOT wanting to do it any more... I know what you mean about the "thrill of rebellion".

I ended up going easy on myself for a few weeks -- I let myself eat a couple hundred more calories a day and was a little less restrictive. I felt that any slowdown in my weight loss was worth it, if I ultimately felt less restricted and stayed on plan.

This is a lifelong journey, and there are going to be times when you take it a little easy.

And sometimes it helps to hear you aren't the only one!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #4  
Mel

Only you can decide what you really want. Are you interested in losing weight or committed to losing weight? Are you committed to a lifestyle which will keep it off? If not, maybe you should work at maintaining what you've already lost for a while- that's no small feat, by the way! See how maintenance feels. Then take another step towards losing more when you feel ready. If you are fightning yourself, you're right...it's not going to work in the long run.

What do YOU really want?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Don't feel bad about having a bad weekend. I had one too. I will again be being very strict this week and adding extra exercise to help make up for it. It happens to us all at times. The only failure is quitting. So join me in trying to get back on track.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #6  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Red face

Well I guess I'm at a stage when I'm not sure what I want. The injury has really messed with my momentum. So I think I will keep trying to stay on my foodplan but go easy on myself until I can get back to my regular workout routine. I would be okay -- not thrilled -- with just maintaining for now, and even that will take SOME work with my exercise compromised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Don't feel bad about having a bad weekend. I had one too. I will again be being very strict this week and adding extra exercise to help make up for it. It happens to us all at times. The only failure is quitting. So join me in trying to get back on track.
Thank you Lillybelle! I'm with you.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote