How much weight does it take to lose one inch in the waist ?

• I was just wondering for most of you here, what is the average weight in pounds you need to lose to drop say 1 inch around the waistline ? For me it was about 7 to 8 Lbs. But of course we all know you cannot spot reduce ANY fat in your body. So I guess early on you may lose 10 Lbs and only reduce your waist by 1/2 inch. But later on, that next 10 Lbs can results in a 3 inch waist reduction cause maybe your waist is the last place your body-fat will disappear. But on average, for me it's about every 7 to 8 Lbs. Just wondering what it was for some of you guys & Gals here.

Keep up the good work with your threads. I love reading them, and learning from them as well :-)
  • I've lost 9 pounds and 1 1/2 inches from my waist. I think it will depend on a lot of factors: height, weight, and where you store fat (a lot of mine is in my belly).
  • I've lost 37 pounds and approximately 4 1/2 inches from my waist. Interestingly, I've only gone down one pants size. If you can explain that, please do! I may have lost even more in terms of inches because I didn't measure until a month after I started losing weight, and my measurements may not be all that accurate since I'm not always that precise...
  • I lost 72 lbs and lost 10 inches from the waist.
  • It really depends. I've lost 25 pounds and six inches off my waist.
  • It depends on your height, body type, and how much and what kind of exercise you are doing.

Apples tend to lose weight in their lower bodies easily-and their middles hang around until the end...I am an hourglass and my waist whittles away FIRST...while I have to work, work, work, to get my hips and legs to slim down-they are the last thing to go.
  • I've lost 4inches in my hips and belly, 2.5 inches in my bust area I have lost 17 pounds.
  • Quote: I've lost 37 pounds and approximately 4 1/2 inches from my waist. Interestingly, I've only gone down one pants size. If you can explain that, please do! I may have lost even more in terms of inches because I didn't measure until a month after I started losing weight, and my measurements may not be all that accurate since I'm not always that precise...
    I haven't taken measurements. I probably should. But this post rang a bell with me! I've lost 24 lbs. and only one pants size. I started as an 18 and now I'm a 16. I can sometimes fit very well into a 14 standing up, but as soon as I sit down...mad muffin tops!

Sorry, I guess that's kind of OT. But I had to share.
  • I have lost 42 pounds and about 6 inches from my waist. Went from a plus size 16 (almost an 18) to a regular size 14/15 - maybe close to a 13 now pants are starting to get big again.