3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   HELP! The FAT Gods are out to get me! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/95308-help-fat-gods-out-get-me.html)

ThinAgainBeginAgain 10-04-2006 12:47 PM

HELP! The FAT Gods are out to get me!

Arghhhh.... Having a tough few weeks here. I got off to a GREAT start, losing 6 lbs the first week of my diet (started mid-September). Then, had a very minor skin surgery that required stitches in a very, er, stretchy, bendy part of me (okay, my butt!) which required that I lay off any physical activity for 10 days. Well, I have been good w/ my food intake, and managed to keep the 6 lbs off, and now have been given the go-ahead on exercising (within reason) but, now that I've been a lazy bum (no pun intended) for two weeks, I'm having trouble getting motivated to move! I re-gained two of the 6, with some ill-timed parties and a fancy dinner out. HELP me get back on track, with some sage advice, while keeping in mind I'm PMS'ing and there is chocolate within reach!!!

boaterswife 10-04-2006 12:56 PM

Take as stand and yell at the fat gods! Tell 'em you don't want to be part of their party anymore, and take a hike! Chocolate? Keep telling yourself "chocolate is the devil, chocolate is the devil...."

mandalinn82 10-04-2006 12:58 PM

Don't be ashamed of minor surgeries in that area...I had a cyst at the bottom of my tailbone once that had to be operated on, and while embarrassing, its just one of those things...

Don't do anything that makes you sit! My advice - just do it. All the advice in the world isn't going to get you off the couch - but a "just do it" mentality will. Start slow, and remind yourself how GREAT it felt to have lost those 6 lbs, and how great it will feel to lose the next 6, and etc

Bravelilchicken 10-04-2006 12:59 PM

LOL I am telling myself chocolate is the devil right now too. I am eating an apple instead of the candy though so it must be working.

ThinAgainBeginAgain 10-04-2006 01:04 PM

LOL! You're RIGHT!!!! Step away from the chocolate!! I'll put it away, and nobody gets hurt!! LOL

I've put a lid on the candy, and I have an apple in front of me now. And, I WILL 'just do it', as soon as I leave work today. I'll go for a long walk, which is good, cuz I live in a hilly neighborhood! And if it's raining by then, I'll use my treadmill! I CAN do this, I CAN do this.....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_141.gif

Nikaia 10-04-2006 01:04 PM

I try to keep VERY VERY SMALL amounts of high-quality dark chocolate on hand. I only am allowed to eat one piece per day, but since it's such good stuff, I don't really mind. Quality over quantity.

And I have to agree with Mandalinn...advice is one thing, but nothing beats getting up! Just stand up. That's the first step. Then, start walking. Do laps around your house, or walk around the block. Just move. And once you're started, you can think about your official workouts and what you're going to do for that. But getting off the couch is the hardest and most important step.

jcatron243 10-04-2006 01:05 PM

The hardest step of a workout is the first step. Just get up and move. That helps me with my motivation.

sh3l5 10-04-2006 01:14 PM

JUst focus on how your going to be after all the hard work. If your like me and get bored easily buy yourself a MP3 player or stick the TV on in the room your exercising in. As long as you dont stop and watch the tv you'll be fine. All my loss has been through running, riding and maintaining a healthy diet, fair enough I eat things that aren't so good for me, but only in very small quantities. Your like everyone else....... Just remember the difference between success and failure is the persons determination to succeed.

ThinAgainBeginAgain 10-04-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikaia (Post 1427901)
I try to keep VERY VERY SMALL amounts of high-quality dark chocolate on hand. I only am allowed to eat one piece per day, but since it's such good stuff, I don't really mind. Quality over quantity.

What is your favorite kind? I too like really good chocolate, and when I have it, I don't seem to 'need' as much to feel satisfied. ie. One small piece of Dove dark chocolate is more satisfying than an entire Butterfingers bar. My two favorites:

Lindt milk chocolate truffles (one is about 70 cal though, so these fat bombs are eaten only rarely.

Dove dark chocolate 'Promises'. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_8_36.gif Okay, now to finish my apple and take a few 'laps' around my building. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement. I know we all have days like this. I just need to focus on the long-run.

ThinAgainBeginAgain 10-05-2006 09:19 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your support yesterday, I went home and walked, ate a good dinner, and lost those two pounds again, so I'm back to my 6 lb loss. I also got my period a week early (and I'm on the PILL) which explains my momentary loss of control over chocolate!!

From now on, I'll read through the forum when I'm feeling that way. Thanks again!!