Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2006, 06:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Well i really just wanted to see how much i could lose between june and sept but i wanted a ticker to track myself so i guessed at 20lbs and i have actually already hit that. Im really supprised. seeing as how i have not been able to lose weight in forever until this place. i read all the posts and it motivates me. Thank you all so much. i cant wait to see where im at on sept. 29th. good luck every one

misty
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #32  

That is awesome Chatter! Congrats
didi65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #33  

I just sat down to figure out how many miles I walked this week and I cannot believe it . Almost 20 miles and that for me is really good . An hour a night . On the weekends twice each day for a min. 2 miles each time . Just got back from the last one . I am really feeling pretty good :] Hope you all are having a great weekend .
Old 08-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #34  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Chatter and Didi - wonderful!!! Congrats on your weight loss and your walking respectively!!!

So I need to stop getting complacent and jumpstart my weightloss again. SO CLOSE to my Sept 29th goal, it would be a shame if I didn't make it... Anyway, here's hoping for the best!

This weekend, my sis and I went to a local park that has a marina. We were supposed to take a ride on this dragon boat (some asian festival) but it never showed up so she paid 10 bux and we went paddle boating for an hour. It was SO much FUN! Anyone who wants to try it, DEFINITELY do it! You'll get a workout too... hehe.

I'm super hungry. I'm going to get lunch.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #35  

Paddle boating sounds like a great workout and a beautiful time out . I swear fresh air is a great healer .
Old 08-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #36  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies!
Weekend was a blast...busy but really fun. Party on Sat, Dinner out o Sun, Fridays rehearsal was even fun. I lost the Lb I found last week so all is well. Noe on to the rest of the 40 stinkin' lbs!!! Ah.. to be focused again.
Didi~ Thats awesome! If you are an avid walker visit the 3 miles chicks thread.
Chatter~ WTG surpassing your goal!
Gummi~ If you find your way back can you give me directions?lol
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #37  
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi-rocks View Post
Gummi~ If you find your way back can you give me directions?lol

Dude...it was HILARIOUS for the first 10 minutes. My sister was so gung ho about the idea that I thought she knew what she was doing...I forgot who I was with... We were paddling in circles in the beginning which was fine. THEN it seemed like we had an idea of what to do so we go over to the other side and start to go in circles there too. That's the first (and last dangit) time that my boat has moved to the East when I'm paddling South. WTF. I told my sis that the people on the bank must think our collective IQ is in the 20s. HAHA. The saddest part was that the paddle boat guy was a hottie. SIGH. I tried to make my sis paddle around him so we could ogle but with the way we were paddling, maybe that wasn't such a hot idea...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Paddle boating DOES sound like fun! I love being out on the water. If activities are fun we're more likely to do them!

I did my hard workout today -- TurboJam Cardio Party and Turbo Sculpt. Between the two of them it's 60 minutes. Yesterday I was only able to do 15 minutes -- made the mistake of eating beforehand -- must remember NOT to do that! I started feeling really queasy and quit.

I'm glad I've had this time to "get into the groove" with exercise, figure out what is working and what isn't. Classes start back up next week and I have an 8:00 class on Mondays and Wednesdays to caption ... I'm pushing my exercise time back 15 minutes (maybe even 30!) to make sure I keep doing it.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #39  
Aleecia

Hey girls,
How are you?
It's been kinda crazy around here. I had a great weekend with hubby. We went to the NASCAR race on Sunday, we had a suite right above pit row. It was really neat to be that close.
Downfall of the weekend is that my DD got sick. Something sent her asthma and allergies into a spiral and I was home with her on Monday and yesterday.
So today I'm just trying to catch up at work.
I finally hit the 30lbs lost mark. Hopefully I'm done playing around with the same 4 pounds that I have been losing and gaining for almost 2 months now.
Time to get serious!!

didi and chatter-WTG!!

Donna-good job on the exercise. I'm like you, I can't eat before I exercise. Makes me sick to my stomach

Sunni-Sounds like you had a blast with your Sis. I haven't been on a paddle boat in probally 20 years. Sounds fun!

Stevi-Sounds like you had a great weekend. Partying like a rock star again!! Love the new avatar.

Talk to you later
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Not much new to report here but I did haul myself out of bed today to exercise at 5:45. I'm only five minutes away from achieving my goal for August! My body is trying to retain water -- TOM is approaching -- I will be SO glad when that phase of my life is over! Most of yesterday was devoted to sewing -- made good progress. Will try to repeat it today ...

Personal Exercise Goal for August: 495/500
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #41  
Here we go again...

TOM arrived. I am not happy. Hopefully I won't get major cramps because I have to help out and carry things all over... grrrr. Good thing is, I got my 6 miles in yesterday - yay me! I'll get back into my exercise groove after this pain in the *&^%$ is done.

So sleeeeeppppyyyyy... really want to catch a quick nap.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #42  
Here we go again...

Default Where IS everybody???

Guys...don't abandon this thread!!! I need youuuuu...

So I went to Walmart this weekend to help my mom look for school stuff. I saw a bunch of scales and I was thinking of buying one for my apartment so I tried all of them. Now I know I had clothes on and I had eaten breffix...I was expecting the scale to read about 167 (my scale reads two pounds lighter than normal and I ate a lot that day...hehe). Imagine my suprise when the scales read 169 (lowest) - 175 (highest). WTF???!!!! How could this happen? Good thing I didn't just grab the coolest looking one. Ugh. I was so depressed and confused.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #43  
Aleecia

Hi Everyone!

I'm still here Sunni. I'm with you. I so need the motivation and support right now more than ever. I sure hope that everyone starts posting again.
Sorry about the scale experience. I just hate scales sometimes.

My weekend was pretty good. We went to a wedding and for the first time in I don't know how long I bought a top and it wasn't in the plus size section. I was super excited. Still have to shop in the plus size for the bottoms but oh well.

I'm thinking about getting a new hairstyle. I need a pick me up and I'm thinking it might help me feel better. We'll see.

Hope everyone is doing good.
Hope to talk to you all soon.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #44  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey chickies,
I'm here as well! Since starting over 2 weeks ago I'm down 6 lbs. WOOTT! I bought a pair of 14 Calvins last week and all my pants fit or are too big. Only down side is my boobs conyinue to shrink. This has GOT to STOP!! Baby had his 1st trip to the beach Sat. Boy was that exhausting. Sand and 6 months old don't mix well. he had to stay in his lil bubble most of the time. Got some cool pics though.
Sunni~ Scales are a pain. I need a new one as mine is super inconsistent but last time I checked it was 1 lb heavier than the Dr. Not to say any ginen day it will give me 6 different reading ranging from 4-6 lb variance! I just take the mean of several trys.
Angel~ Haven't seen you on the 30- Something threads. We miss you over there! Lots of losers this past week. I think I counted 15 lbs collectively from 4 ladies (including myself) Its not all weight loss all the time over there, which can be nice. Definetly get the new Do...worked wonders for me. Next I'm getting my teeth whitened.
Gummi, you can come by the 30's thread as well...I know you are much younger but who cares?
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #45  
Here we go again...

Hi Angel! Thanks for saying something...sheesh. This has been my lifeline for the past two months.

So what kinda styles are you thinking about getting? Do you like your hair long/short/curly/straight/brown/blonde? I find that stuff interesting. I was thinking you could get a spiky 'do. You have nice bone structure (jawline), make use of it!
Stevi- just saw your post. Thanks for the invite! I'm always looking for threads to poke into...hehe. I need to get to my dentist but I missed my last appt in err..'05 and I don't even WANT to know how much that $25 fine has crept up to. Does it go up or does it get removed after a year or so? SIGH. I really hate medical peeps.