Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:11 PM   #31  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through having your period at such a difficult time. I'm not sure, but I think you can probably still have the ultrasound. You'll probably want to call you doctor and ask first, though. I had a vaginal ultrasound once and it didn't take very long for the actual ultrasound procedure.

I'll keep you in my prayers that everything works out ok. Hang in there - we're all rooting for you.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #32  
WW Moderator

They should still be able to ultrasound. They will probably do vaginal, but they put a condom on the probe anyway. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #33  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Well, The doc said he is almost positive it is benign. They didn't do another ultrasound today though. He did a very brief pelvic and asked some questions. He said he thinks from reading the report etc., that he thinks it is a Hemmoragic Corpus Luteum cyst. he said those sometimes hurt and then the pain goes down as the cyst goes away. interestingly my pain went away about 3 days ago and I got my period last night. He said that is consistent with a cyst instead of a tumor. Also the fact that there is pain is a 'good' sign he said. Overall he said the risk at my age is very very low and I shouldn't worry at all.

Follow up plan is to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks when I get back from vacation and see him immediately following. If it is still there I have to have laparascopic surgery to remove it but he thinks it will be entirely gone. The right ovary is totally normal also.

So I am a little nervous about wait and see but he assures me it wouldn't hurt anything to wait that long and that it is almost surely benign.

Thanks for all the support girls, it really helps me tremendously. I think my worries dropped to near nothing after talking to you gals!
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #34  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so happy for you that the cyst is benign. I've been thinking about you today and sending good thoughts your way.

The ER doc shouldn't have said it was possibly a tumor before he'd done all the test - that put you through some unneccesary anguish.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #35  

Glad to hear everything turned out ok. The lump in my breast was about the same. Said they'd like to 'keep an eye on it'. Scary things like that, possibility or truth, kinda gives you a new perspective on things, huh?

Yea!
ArtGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #36  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

It sure does! The doc said he didn't know if it was a tumor or cyst, but he was almost positive it was a cyst. I'm hoping (and feeling) that he's right. I guess I'll find out for sure in a month what it is. Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and prayers. I love you girls.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:27 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'6"

Whew! I'm so happy for you that it's benign!!! It's hard to wait, but I'm glad they're following up in a month. Best wishes to you!

Joan
heritagephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #38  

Kierr, this is sounding very good! I'm so glad! Please keep us posted.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #39  

I'm really worried now. Please help.

My doc put me on birth control after I told him about the spotting, so as to get me flowing regularly again. Said it was probably due to my hormones being out of whack. Also told me to take fiber like Metamusil to keep the yuckiness in my bowels in check.

Now, I've been bleeding for over a month and the doc doesn't know why. They have me taking 4 Aleve a day to thin the bleeding and told me not to go back no the pill until the bleeding stops and I start again. I'm worried that it's all more serious than they may think. That it's something the pap smear test missed because I know it doesn't catch everything associated with the female reproductive system.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Been here before? I'm so scared. Spotting was one thing but bleeding for over a month has done me in. I'm emotional, my back hurts, my relationship is feeling it too... and heck forget about sex. I just don't know what to do now.

Please help if you can! :'(
Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #40  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

artgirl

being a 2 time cancer survivor, before both I had a "gut feeling" something wasn't right. Now I am NOT hinting cancer to you, but i am saying, LISTEN to your gut! Tell your Gyn that you want tests run (ultrasound, CT etc) bleeding like that is NOT normal. insist on the test until they give in. The fact that they haven't done tests after a month of bleeding worries me! plus giving you blood thinners?? I gon't get that? how is the bleeding going to stop if you blood is thin?
Please insist on getting tests done, reserch on the net about your symptoms, if you doctor wont give you the test, find someone who will

I wish you luck!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #41  

Interesting enough, when I quit taking the pill the bleeding stopped. Or at least it seems so. I've also quit taking the 'blood thinners'. I have a number of a second opinion doctor to whom I may give a call later. Perhaps everything is ok now that the symptoms are gone... or are they?

My body is confusing right now, lol.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #42  
WW Moderator

Symptoms may be gone, but the problem causing the symptoms may still be there. Please get your second opinion and rule everything out, just so you can sleep easy. Your symptoms can be from a number of different things, so hang in there. But don't sweep it under the rug since the bleeding is gone, ok? I would ask for more tests for peace of mind if nothing else. I'll be thinking of you!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtGirl View Post
I'm really worried now. Please help.

My doc put me on birth control after I told him about the spotting, so as to get me flowing regularly again. Said it was probably due to my hormones being out of whack. Also told me to take fiber like Metamusil to keep the yuckiness in my bowels in check.

Now, I've been bleeding for over a month and the doc doesn't know why. They have me taking 4 Aleve a day to thin the bleeding and told me not to go back no the pill until the bleeding stops and I start again. I'm worried that it's all more serious than they may think. That it's something the pap smear test missed because I know it doesn't catch everything associated with the female reproductive system.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Been here before? I'm so scared. Spotting was one thing but bleeding for over a month has done me in. I'm emotional, my back hurts, my relationship is feeling it too... and heck forget about sex. I just don't know what to do now.

Please help if you can! :'(
Artgirl, I have been going through a similar experience for about a year. I have been told its fibroids. Its really awful when the bleeding goes on and on. The doc gave me these hormone tablets called noristherone (sp), but I had to stop taking them because they were making me feel sick all the time. When I asked why that was, the doc says that the tablets simulate the pregnancy hormone and I was experiencing morning sickness, and took me off them and put me on tranenamic acid. I have also been fitted with a Mirena coil, but that has just made the bleeding worse. I have to go back to see the gyn in January, and they probably will tell me that I will need surgery, as thats one of the options that was put to me.
Its really annoying, especially as Im getting married in November and was hoping that this would have been sorted by now
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #44  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalijack View Post
have also been fitted with a Mirena coil, but that has just made the bleeding worse. I have to go back to see the gyn in January, and they probably will tell me that I will need surgery, as thats one of the options that was put to me. Its really annoying, especially as Im getting married in November and was hoping that this would have been sorted by now
Boy, that's nutty... you're supposed to put up with that for 3-4 more months!? Is that a normal wait for gyn. surgery?
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl View Post
Boy, that's nutty... you're supposed to put up with that for 3-4 more months!? Is that a normal wait for gyn. surgery?
Ive been putting up with it for about a year It seems that the doctors are trying just about anything to avoid surgery - they seem to think that with my weight it would be dangerous
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote