Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default *I'm Back. Again.*

Well, ladies... my travels have led me back to 3FC once AGAIN.

Here's some background info. on me. I am a 22 year old married mommy of one darling 21 month old little girl. I am originally from NY, but moved here (here being Louisiana) after marrying my husband. I have struggled with my weight my entire life, while my sister is a skinny size 4 after 3 (soon to be 4) children. Yep, it sucks! I was honestly NOT miserable when I was a size 16 for many years. Of course, no one WANTS to be a 16, but I still felt cute and such at a 16. I hovered around 200 lbs for the longest time. Then, after having my daughter, I actually got down in weight fairly quickly. Somehow, I gained a lot back though. This January, I called it quits at 227 lbs and a tight 18.. I just didn't want to live my life that way anymore. So, for a little over a month, I got serious! I lost 17 lbs (my husband lost 24!), but then I gained several of it back. Of course, my husband has kept his off! How does that work? I got back on the wagon again a few months ago, but that lasted all of one day. My life is VERY busy and chaotic and it's just so much EASIER to eat junk rather than make meals. I absolutely love to cook, so I am amazed that I let myself get this out of hand. I have just had SO much going on.. and on top of all of that, I really don't like it here.

So anyway, surprisingly, I didn't gain as much back as I COULD have! I am actually right where I was back in February! I weighed in today at 211. I am in an 18 still, and it sucks to have your entire wardrobe be ONE size smaller than what you are.

Today, I started the 'Special K' diet. I don't plan to STAY on it for more than 2 weeks, but I thought that it'd help me get a jumpstart and curb out my awful snacking habit. I am honestly shocked ALREADY. For one, Special K Red Berries is AWESOME! This is coming from someone who lovesss cinnamon toast crunch and apple jacks.. so, it says a LOT! Secondly, I have SO much more energy!! Even though I only slept 4 hours last night. I have much more energy than when I have cookies and diet pepsi for lunch, that's for sure! I even FEEL 'skinnier' because I don't feel bloated at all, thanks to drinking water and NOT 3 diet pepsi's a day. I am hoping that this gets me into the right mindset. Next week, I plan to throw in some walking, cycling and weights. I don't need to be a size 4. I just want to be able to shop in normal stores without looking on the back of the rack for my size. I want to be able to walk into a room without holding my stomach in. I want to not hate to look at pictures of myself and not taking any with my daughter because I feel like I look so gross. I hope some of this makes sense to you!

If anyone would like an accountability partner, I'd love one! I am really going to need some help not letting this motivation wear off in a week.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

I know exactly what you mean about having an entire closet full of clothes that don't fit. Also know what you mean about most of the other stuff. I just moved to a new place, and I don't know anybody here...I gain weight when I don't have anyone to hang out with.

A really good site is www.recipezaar.com. You can find recipes based on how much time you have, what ingredients you have, low cal low carb, low everything.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

It's about time you got your butt back here!!!

Remember me??? The person who likes to give you a kick in the a**!!!
Well, glad your back!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #4  

Err... uhm... does that mean you got my PM? lol I am so glad to see that ONE of us is doing really well!!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #5  

Yes darlin' I got it!! LOL! And if you haven't noticed,my ticker is still about the same! Slowly getting back on track here!
You better stick around this time.....or I'm going to go there and kick in person!!LOL!
Old 07-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #6  

Good morning! Just sitting around feeling sorry for myself as AF has come to visit and brought the bloating and cramps along. Just going to pop a water pill and an asprin and take it easy for a couple hours then get my butt on the bike for 1/2 hour maybe work the pain away!
How are you today?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #7  

I'm great. :O) Just slept wayyyy in, which I can NEVER do.. and weighed myself and I am at an unofficial 209! Apparently, Special K really works.. and it's soooo good. lol Who knew?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Special K isn't some magical weight loss tool. It's a low calorie breakfast cereal that is overly processed and has high fructose corn syrup. It is a LOW CALORIE option but it is not a NUTRITIOUS option. The marketing people at Special K are some kind of diabolical geniuses to get so many people to believe their cereal is healthy. You could get the same results eating a healthy breakfast that will satisfy you, keep you full and set yourself up for good habits that last a lifetime.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #9  

Wow. Uhm, thanks? Did you read my original post? I said that I didn't plan to stay 'ON IT' for MORE THAN 2 weeks, and was just using it for a week or so to 'kick start' my lifestyle and that next week (i.e. tomorrow), I was going to start walking and cycling and doing weights again. And, surprisingly enough, I have never been more full! Normally, I'd have a few pancakes or eggs and toast, and a bowl of special K red berries with a banana and some OJ keeps me full for FAR longer. I was surprised at this, for sure.. I thought I'd be hungry. I am not in search of a so-called 'magic weight loss tool'. I think that you really need to go back and read my original post, because yours just came off quite snippy and 'holier than thou'. Sheesh. I came BACK to 3fatchicks because I received SOO much support the first time (okay, the first two times!) around.. but maybe this isn't where I need to be. If I had come back on here and said 'ahhh, now I have found the trick, Special K..two times a day, for the rest of my life!'.. I could see where someone might want to say something, however I'd expect the ladies that I know and love here to do so in a sweet, constructive tone. However, I DIDN'T say that. So, perhaps you just didn't read my post, or you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I really appreciate the opinions of everyone on 3FC (immensely!), but I think that a postive vibe should be kept an unsolicited advice (unless one is starving themselves, throwing up, etc.) should be kept to ones self or in PM. I know that I need SUPPORT to keep going, not bashing. Of course, that's all just MPO! My daughter actually eats 100% organic and natural.. no processed sugars, ever.. organic soymilk, organic eggs, organic cheese, organic yogurt, fresh fruits and vegetables, NO juice, no 'snacks'... so, I know ALL about what's in what I'm eating! 100 calorie packs are also STILL full of junk just like regular Oreo's, but if they help me control my eating and NOT eat an entire row of oreos, then I am all for them! Heck, my Diet Pepsi is full of Aspartame, and although I know everything that's bad and evil about it, I am now drinking water and milk all day and only having ONE, as opposed to THREE. Baby steps. Lastly, if it wasn't Special K.. I'd be eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch.. trustttt me, lol. Special K has surprised me in being REALLY good (IMPO), though.. and I may still have it a few days a week after this week is over! I am all for unhealthy things in moderation. Switching over to something healthier later on is much easier after I am already maintaining a lifestyle of proper portions, working out, drinking water, etc. I'm shutting up now.. lol.

Last edited by MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY; 07-23-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'd kill to be 211 right now, Mama2. Congratulations on being that number and deciding to get serious. I'll buddy up with you. I'm on South Beach. This is my first day on it. I had success on it before but gained weight because I was taking medicine for a mental illness. I'm 259lbs now. I hope to lose 105lbs by December. It's not impossible to lose that much since I lost 95lbs in 5mths on South Beach last time.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #11  

Awww, thanks so much for the support girly!! You'll get there, too.. you're really not that far away!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #12  

Here to keep the peace!!
M2CM~ I think you're doing awsome!! It's working for you so keep it up!! I'm glad you are kick starting things! I have also thought about doing the Special K routine but I'm not that fond of cereal!
FO~ 105 by December??!! Wow! If you can do that in a healthy way all the power to ya!
G~ We are all intitled to our opinions...
Old 07-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #13  

Morning! how is everyone doing today?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I haven't tried Special K yet. I eat Apple Cinnamon Cheerios for breakfast!!! I think we should do whatever works for us. We have a better chance at maintaining once we reach goal if we allow ourselves to eat what we like while dieting. I also drink Diet Coke all day long. I like it and won't give it up.

Your on your way and it won't be long before we see your goal pics!!!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #15  

Well, I had an awful, awful migraine today.. so I didn't eat much at all.. which is probably better than eating cookies for dinner, LOL. Maybe tomorrow I will have an appetite again.