3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   The Brag Thread! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/89417-brag-thread.html)

Blueyedblond 07-17-2006 03:49 PM

The Brag Thread!

Lets brag about something ou have acomplished or feel food about doing.
We all need to feel good about those things.

I will start.

Yesterday I did 2 workouts! I did one early, it was an really great aerobic workout that made me sweat a bucket! I used weights in that workout so I also achieved some strength training at the same time. That workout lasted an hour.

Then later me and a friend walked up a local "mountain" It is a 2 mile uphill climb the whole way. :running: I took a backpack and put weights in it (10 lbs).
We got to the top and it was breezy and there was a beautiful sunset. The sun went down we stayed up there for a while and then there were bats! It was really neat. Then we walked the 2 miles back down.

My calorie deficit for the day was 1360! :D

I was a great day and I plan on having a similiar one today!

sotypical 07-17-2006 03:51 PM

I went to Wal-Mart on the weekend, I tried on 3 bras and liked two of them! Bra shopping done in less then 5 mintues... thats a first. I also bought a 36D instead of a 40D - 4 inches lost! woooo! Maybe this is more of a YAY ME! maybe it should go there instead, haha

kateful 07-17-2006 03:52 PM

WTG, on your exercise!

I brought a salad for lunch today, actually ate it, and went to the store at lunch to get more veggies for more salads this week.

Blueyedblond 07-17-2006 05:53 PM

Oh I didnt know there was a yay me thread- he he oops

Abbeycat36 07-17-2006 06:46 PM

sotypical..

that puppy photo is SOOO cute. When you get him/her take some photos!!!! I want to see!!

i see you are in BC also, like me.

Oh.. hm since this is supposed to be a brag thread, lemme seee... well, it was my b-day yesterday and I did not eat cake. I am happy I didn't. Oh but I did go and buy myself a new camera. I'm a camera addict. I think I have 5 now.

mudbugs 07-17-2006 07:17 PM

Ditto on the we WANNA see puppy pictures as soon as he arrives, sotypical.

Blueyedblonde, you can NEVER have enough "YAY me" threads.

"YAY me" is what keeps me going. I bought two broiled chicken breasts to put in my & hubbie''s salad tonight...and I gave him 1.75 of the chicken!!!!

(This is the first time I ever bought already made this chicken--it was good once you get all that skin off of it...And I only bought it because I am like, legally blind tonight & can't cook, because of a mishap this morning...but that's another story)

sotypical 07-17-2006 07:17 PM

I could brag about the Puppy I am getting! I will take tons of pics! I get to the meet the lady at the Vancouver ferries on the 29th! I am so excited!

Abbeycat36 07-17-2006 08:44 PM

Re the puppy again.. is it a boston terrier? Looks kind of like one in the pic you have there. I love those they are soo cute!!!

I'm really happy for you. Now you'll have a walking buddy too so that's great!

phantastica 07-17-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbeycat36
Oh.. hm since this is supposed to be a brag thread, lemme seee... well, it was my b-day yesterday and I did not eat cake. I am happy I didn't.

Dang, girl! That is for sure something to brag about!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbeycat36
Oh but I did go and buy myself a new camera. I'm a camera addict. I think I have 5 now.

Hm, there's probably some sort of online support forum for that ... LOL. I'm wondering why you'd need 5 cameras. One cell-phone camera, a non-digital camera, a good digital, and maybe a high-res digital? I'm not sure I can even think of five different kinds of cameras.

I think "Yay Me" is different from bragging. Bragging has more attitude with it!

My big brag is that I lost 5.75 pounds this week, which put me over the 60-pound lost mark!

almostheaven 07-17-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueyedblond
Lets brag about something ou have acomplished or feel food about doing.

I just couldn't stop laughing on this one. Being on a diet board, it's so hard to get that thought out of our heads, ain't it? :D

Blueyedblond 07-17-2006 11:13 PM

Ooooohhhhh I didnt even see that! HA HA!

I promise it was a typeo:o

G and F are right next to each other on the keyboard :D

I am thinking about food now thought cause Im hungry!

lilybelle 07-17-2006 11:16 PM

I mowed the yard this evening in hot, hot weather. Yeah!

Heather 07-17-2006 11:20 PM

Oh, here's one.

I struggle to get in exercise. I set goals for minutes to exercise each month so that I will make it. Although the goals have increased I don't get much above the goal. Exercise is a struggle for me.

And yet, I have done some kind of exercise every day since May 25th!!!

Now many days this exercise a 15 min walk with my dogs or 10 min doing ab and back exercises... it's not like I have strenuous workouts every day. And I didn't even set out to do this -- it just sort of happened as my min/month increased.

Anyway, I'm proud of my exercise streak!!

phantastica 07-18-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyllenn
Anyway, I'm proud of my exercise streak!!

That is awesome! I loathe exercise, so I understand what a challenge this could be.

2frustrated 07-18-2006 09:52 AM

Yeah, well I did 3 exercise sessions yesterday! 2.5 miles running in the morning, weights at lunch and teaching kickboxing in the evening :p

(this is the bragging thread right?)

Oh and I tried NEW THINGS for lunch today :yes: and what's more, I LIKED them! :lol3:

sotypical 07-18-2006 09:56 AM

I am going to brag that I am on my exercise bike right now for the first time in a week and a half! Even if I am only get in 20 min - at least I am on it!

Geez and to think before I was going 80 min everyday first thing in the morning... I am slipppping! But getting better on eating! (for the most part)

Heather 07-18-2006 10:38 AM

2frustrated -- You're getting into the spirit of it!

I also tried something new yesterday -- my own homemade fiber blueberry muffins! :) They were good (though need some tweaking!)

2frustrated 07-18-2006 10:41 AM

Ooooh new little pic Heather :bravo: I did like the pearls in the last one though ;)

sotypical 07-18-2006 11:45 AM

wyllenn... I guess Heather is your name! hehe I never knew... anyway I love the pic - you are looking amazing!

Heather 07-18-2006 11:49 AM

heh. Thanks!

[brag] I'll brag about my avatar! And I think I am starting to see collarbones in that picture! Something else to brag about.

And those pearls are something to brag about too -- I got em in China and paid very little for them! They're "potato pearls" so they're all uneven, but I love them!

Courtnie -- I used to have my name under my username, but that spot's busy right now... in fact, looks like I'm bragging there too! Yes, I'm in Onederland and that's something to brag about too!

[/brag]

sotypical 07-18-2006 11:50 AM

I think you have TONS to brag about!

phantastica 07-18-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyllenn
Yes, I'm in Onederland and that's something to brag about too!

[/brag]

Absolutely Onederful!

Blueyedblond 07-18-2006 10:11 PM

My Hero!!!!

Quote:

Yeah, well I did 3 exercise sessions yesterday! 2.5 miles running in the morning, weights at lunch and teaching kickboxing in the evening
Yup you kick Butt!

Abbeycat36 07-18-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantastica
Hm, there's probably some sort of online support forum for that ... LOL. I'm wondering why you'd need 5 cameras. One cell-phone camera, a non-digital camera, a good digital, and maybe a high-res digital? I'm not sure I can even think of five different kinds of cameras.

1. husbands first digital, old, only 2 mp
2. canon rebel film camera
3. Minolta digital - dad gave me and it doesn't take great photos
4. canon digital rebel - digital SLR so I can switch lenses
5. samsung digital - takes video clips, plays mp3, photos, and you can watch video. Smaller than my digital slr so I can keep it in my purse.
wanted something I could take video with, but didn't want a full video camera.

I should add that I'm taking a photography course so it is a big interest of mine, and, I like my toys. guilty as charged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantastica
My big brag is that I lost 5.75 pounds this week, which put me over the 60-pound lost mark!

WHOA girl, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
both a great week and a great total.

GenreGirl 07-18-2006 10:52 PM

Bragging

I went into McDonald's this afternoon with DH & had a yogurt parfait & a side salad. When actually I wanted a filet o'fish & a large fry. However, DH reminded me I needed to order one or the other since both are a) delicious & b) really unhealthy. :nono: I was mad & went healthy all the way (instead of only halfway).:^: Now, I'm really happy I made the choice I did, even if it was for the wrong reason.:D

GenreGirl 07-18-2006 10:54 PM

That makes hardly any sense at all. Sorry! I mean that DH said I ought to order either a FoF or a fry not both & I ordered a salad & yogurt instead.

2frustrated 07-19-2006 04:54 AM

:o Thanks Blueyedblond :D

Ok, what to brag, what to brag... Oh yes!

I was SOOOOOOOOOOO MAD last night with my DF and I DIDN'T eat because of it! Well I had my dinner, but I didn't eat chocolate or ice cream or anything like that :D

Oh AND I worked out uber-hard at lunchtime with my weights - upped the weight on most things and got back to the office with tingly arms! :D

Blueyedblond 07-19-2006 08:14 PM

Ok I really did mean it when I said 2frustrated wa my hero.

I was inspired and I went to the gym and ran 2 and half miles! I havnt don that n sooo long. I ran the whole thing! No Walking :carrot:

2frustrated 07-21-2006 06:46 AM

He he, glad to know I'm inspiring someone! :D

[brag]

Ok, last night, well, this guy bought me a Lucozade (horrible sugary sports drink - :barf: ), which I felt compelled to drink because it was hot and I'd been working out for over an hour, and I still had an hour to go. I took one sip and it was so sweet and sickly and not at all thirst quenching. So I left it!

Also inbetween classes when I usually run to the toilet or drinks machine or lie on the floor I skipped for ages - I have a new skipping rope, it ROCKS and I can skip REALLY WELL now and don't feel tired or get tangled up or anything! [/brag]

Flying Betty 07-21-2006 11:14 AM

I went out with my friends to a diner last night and instead of getting ice cream or a full fried up meal I just got toast!

And I'm down another pound! The first 40 practically melted off and then all of a sudden my body decided it liked being where it was and losing more weight is a violent struggle.

phantastica 07-23-2006 12:37 PM

Well, I'm not going to change my ticker yet (weigh-in is tomorrow evening, I'll change it when it's "official"), but I stepped on the scale today and realized that I officially weigh less than the average (American) football linebacker! (249 lbs, yay go me!)

Flying Betty, I plateaued for a long time, too! It was frustrating, but I looked at is as my body needing to take a break and catch up ... skin needs to shrink, psyche needs to develop a different 'body memory', etc. You can also look at it as you learned how to maintain during that plateau. :)

harrypotterybarn 07-23-2006 07:54 PM

Here's my brag:

Today I painted the garage. While that's something to be pleased with, I'm more pleased with the fact that the jeans that my friends used to call my "booty jeans" because they hugged my butt so well are now my big baggy painting jeans! He he he.

Keep up the brags, everyone! I love to read them!

blondie728 07-24-2006 01:57 AM

I went out for a b-day dinner on Friday...and at the end i got a b-day cookie and SPLIT IT with everyone that wanted some! I used to give people dirty looks if they even looked at my food. I didnt request a cake( and i loveee it), or a pie, or even a cookie. Thank God the cookie was kinda gross, or was it just my brain saying YUCK? anyways the scale finally moved -1 but heck i'll take it or get rid of it...i sure dont want it.

2frustrated 07-24-2006 05:33 AM

I can see my DELTS! :D

I've got wierd little dents between my biceps and my triceps!

I can fit into my shorts that were tight last week! In fact I'm wearing them to work! :D :D :D :D

:dancer:

Cardiomonster 07-24-2006 10:12 AM

I spent 7 hours on Saturday scrubbing really grimey wood floors on my hands and knees for a friend renovating an old house. I burned up over 2,000 calories and earned a cool $84 bucks to boot. :carrot:

And I managed to move around the day after and everything! :D

Cardiomonster 07-25-2006 01:47 PM

I brisk walked 4 miles in an hour last night, even though it was my first day with flo and I 'thought' I had no energy :carrot:

I even brought along a buncha gal pals and we had a great time walking together :hug: