3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   OK Who's with me?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/89112-ok-whos-me.html)

luckyducky 07-12-2006 10:19 PM

OK Who's with me?!

Yea!!!! Day 8 of walking 3 miles!!! If I can get out and do it ( even if it is hot out, and I really don't want to), we ALL can!!! I was happy to step on the scale at work on Mon. and find 6 pounds gone!!! I know that is fast loss, but, I figure I will taper off soon. It feels so good to finish up that last few steps, knowing I am finally on track!!! Come on folks, join me!! Take a walk, put on some foot stompping music and get out there and have a great time! It feels so good, to be dripping wet, knowing I am empowering myself more and more with each step!! BTW, I walk to disco music ( guess that shows my age huh?). Let me inspire you to do the same thing!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Rumplesnat 07-12-2006 10:30 PM

This sounds like a challenge. Perhaps I'm up to it! I'm crosstraining with the treadmill and elliptical. Can I count the elliptical, too?

luckyducky 07-12-2006 10:34 PM

What ever floats your boat as long as we get out and do some exercise!!!!!! Yup, I think I have a challenge to everyone out there! I will gladly support everyone and will probably need the same support soon! ( Huge horse show season is fast approaching, no time... HAVE to make time for this! ) You ALL can help me too!!!

phantastica 07-12-2006 10:39 PM

Heh

So I read this post ... and I thought, well, LuckyDucky surely isn't in HOT HOT HOT Minnesota this week! Umm, I guess you are. :dizzy:

Hiya, Neighbor! Where ya walkin'? If you're in the metro area, I'd love to meet up for a walk around some of our great trails.

I don't know if I can commit to walking 3 miles every day this week for this challenge, but I'll join in when I have time to map out a 3-mile route by my house!

luckyducky 07-12-2006 10:47 PM

I am in HOT, HOT, Minnesoda, I live out in the country near a town 70plus miles outside of the Twin cities. I live right beside a state trail, and so I have the luxury of walking in peaceful solice, just me, my son ( sometimes, he IS 8), our 2 dogs, and my DISCO music! You should hear me belting out " Its Raining Men"!!! Hee hee! My son tells me I am freaking him out!!! But, it really gets me moving!!!! And my t-shirt was absolutely soaking tonight, after I got done! But, map that route! I will be there with you in spirit!! Just think of KC and the Sunshine Band singing "Shake your Booty"! That will be me!

HarpoChicoGroucho 07-13-2006 12:10 AM

I just re-started my walking program yesterday!! I do three miles too!!! I need an accountability thread badly.

How hot is it in Minnesota? It hasn't been hot here in KS, but it sure has been HUMID. We get quite a few 100+ days in July & August (and sometimes September too!!).

carolshmarol 07-13-2006 04:01 AM

I don't know if I can do 3 miles. I just worked my way up to 1 on my ellipticle. Can it be done? I mean can someone that weighs as much as I do (259 lbs) do 3 miles?

luckyducky 07-16-2006 05:50 PM

Hi Carolshmarol,
I too weigh about the same as you, ( a little more, in fact). I have found that the more I walk the more I want to walk, of course, I am hot and sweaty and just wanting to quit after the first mile, but, once I get thru that, I just keep setting a new p marker on my walk and think to myself, if i can get to that spot... and so on. It works! I am doing my miles in less than an hour now, and even in this heat ( I wait til evening when it cools a little) I am still motivated, even today a Sunday!!! You CAN do it ( if your health is good and you have your doctors ok of course), I just want to motivate you!!! I know if I can do it you can too!!!!!

Tori 07-16-2006 06:07 PM

im with ya! i may have to do the "walk away the pounds" 3 miles but i will do it with ya. i find i sweat more with them due to the weights and stuff. but if i can walk outside. i def will!

luckyducky 07-16-2006 06:46 PM

You GO girl!!!!!!!!!

phantastica 07-16-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
How hot is it in Minnesota? It hasn't been hot here in KS, but it sure has been HUMID. We get quite a few 100+ days in July & August (and sometimes September too!!).

Right now (7:00pm) it's 93 degrees with 57% humidity. It's been hot, humid, and minimal/no rain for DAYS now.

I just walked 4 miles! I walked to the library, to drop off books. :) LuckyDucky, you inspired me. I never would have walked in this heat otherwise! I regularly request books at a library that was on my driving route to work, but I've recently started requesting books at the one that I can walk to two miles from my house.

I think next time, I'm going to take a plastic bag with me and pick up garbage as I go. My route is a fairly high-traffic route, and even though this area is known for its clean cities, when you're walking you see a lot more garbage.

lachae49 07-16-2006 08:16 PM

when i quit smoking seven years ago, i could not have done it without a forum to report to. having the support that encouraged each other to be strong and not give in to the cravings or excuses made my quit easier. i am hoping this forum will bring me that same success with my weight loss goals.

starting monday i will be walking too.

lachae49

luckyducky 07-16-2006 10:04 PM

ok, it IS really humid out tonight, did my walk and my t shirt is more soaking than ever before!!!! Let's go ladies ( and gents)!!!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! It is truly uplifting to know there are more out there willing to try this!!! Keep on walking ( or whatever it is you are doing)!!!!!! I am there for you too!!!!

lachae49 07-17-2006 02:32 PM

good job luckyducky!! it was to hot for me so i walked on the treadmill instead of oustide. using the treadmill i can vary the speed and incline and watch the tele, which all seem to keep me on it longer. hopefully the weather will start getting cooler and i can start walking outside. but for now the treadmill is my friend.

i feel really proud of myself for finishing the walk today.

lachae49

sotypical 07-17-2006 02:36 PM

I really need to get back on the exercising, argh. I took a week off, it's hard to start up again!