3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Reached 1st Goal...but I don't see a change! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/89072-reached-1st-goal-but-i-dont-see-change.html)

Curves4Life 07-12-2006 12:59 PM

Reached 1st Goal...but I don't see a change!

5 Attachment(s)
It has been awhile since I posted. I reached my birthday goal and enjoyed myself in New York for my 30th birthday. I compared some pictures of me at about 230 to pictures of me now but I don't see much difference. :( What is your opinion?

** The pictures in the white halter are in NYC.

I hope you can open the attachment to see the pictures.

sotypical 07-12-2006 01:00 PM

Girl, I think you need to get some glasses! I SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE! You better look again.

mousie 07-12-2006 01:03 PM

TOTALLY see a difference! Chin and neck and throat...and look at those cheekbones! My goodness, girl, there's a big difference! :)

Stephanie Osborne 07-12-2006 01:10 PM

I definitely see a big difference :) Sometimes we just get so used to seeing ourselves one way we do not notice the change. I think you are looking awesome!

Tealeaf 07-12-2006 01:20 PM

Yep, I see it too.

I do understand where you are coming from, though. I've lost close to 70 pounds, and to my eyes I look barely different. Really. I look in the mirror and I still see the same huge drooping tummy, the same round, apple face. Other people tell me often that they see a big difference. I simply don't.

I've come to accept this. I doubt that I will see much of a difference until I am at goal. Maybe I will have to go beyound that, I dunno. I've found it helps to focus on things like the fact that I am feeling better, can wear smaller clothing, and things like that.

Angel33 07-12-2006 01:45 PM

Great Job, I can totally see a differnce.
Also what an incredible smile.
Keep up the good work

Curves4Life 07-12-2006 01:51 PM

Thank you ladies! That makes me feel alot better.
I totally agree with your comments about seeing yourself the way you use to be. Even if I don't see much of a difference I definitely feel different. I've bought new clothes and worn clothes that were too small. I have more energy and I feel really good!

I am shooting for 20 more pounds so we will see!!

Thanks for your comments!

Misti in Seattle 07-12-2006 09:54 PM

LOL I agree... you better look again! There is a huge difference :)

Rumplesnat 07-12-2006 10:32 PM

Awesome! The difference in your face is astonishing! You are glowing now!!!! Keep it up!!!

sli 07-12-2006 10:38 PM

You look GREAT!!!! Very impressive!
Congratulations!!!!

PinkSnowDays 07-12-2006 10:51 PM

Congrats! I can see a big difference! You look great! Enjoy your birthday!:woo:

Abbeycat36 07-12-2006 11:01 PM

I think you're looking fantastic! I can see the diff for sure :p

You're doing really great, you are inspiration for me!

~ Angie