Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:04 AM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the comment Kateful and I see your point. Makes perfect sense. I never thought of that. During all the years of my being over-weight, I just thought everyone was smaller than me, especially my family. I think they'll get used to how I look now, but only seeing me every few months through this process they probably were afraid that I'd go too far. What I'm trying to get across is I was a very round person in a much slimmer family and world.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #17  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Family get togethers are overated!!!..... It sounds like jealousy and envy to me!! All those comments are directed to you in a way that would make you sabbotage your diet. They have no consideration for your feelings or for how hard you've had to work to get where you are. I'm sure they are meaning it in a good way....NOT!!! My comeback comment to them would be...."how nice of you to say".... You should be very proud of your accomplishment!!! WTG!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #18  
I AM smiling!!!

S/C/G: 276/252/150

Height: 5'7"

Lipidful,

Your family probably made those anorexic remarks because they still have your 'before' pictures in their minds. They're always comparing you to that picture and it's probably a big difference and so it raises concerns in their minds. Try not to worry about this - people are people and they will eventually forget the old you. You wont' be in the spotlight forever so hang in there.

One side of my family is weird. Every time I see them, they always get excited, throw their arms around me and remark about how much weight I've lost when I didn't lose anything or I've, in fact, gained! They actually BELIEVE that I lost weight and they do this every time they see me. This has been going on for years - since I was 10. I laugh at them because I can't figure out what's going on in their brains.

My family and friends, on the other hand, doesn't notice anything. I lost 48 lbs. once and they said NOTHING. I was a little miffed at this and brought it up to them, THEN they noticed after carefully checking me out up and down. Then they were amazed. Hello! Something wrong with their vision?????
carolshmarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Lilybelle! Wow I didn't even recognize you with this avatar! You look absolutely fantastic! GOOD job!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:05 AM   #20  

Unless you've been extreme dieting, they have no right to say that. As long as YOU know you're eating and exersizing a healthy amount, thats all that matters.
But just so you know your weight isn't all eating disorders have to do with. If you went from a really high weight to 143 in a really short amount of time it could be considered anorexia.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #21  

nope, nothing extreme. This has taken me over a year. And I NEVER went below 1500 calories a day, even in the beginning. My blood sugar would never let me and my appetite. In fact, when my nurse practitioner told me 1500 was too low for me, I raised my caloric intake and still lost weight. So what right does anyone have to suggest I'm anorexic? It's infuriating!
It is a sabotaging behavior from other people, because it kind of makes you question what you're doing.
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #22  
mostly harmless

I haven't had this problem yet, but I might when I get closer to goal....

I think I'll carry a BMI chart with me, and if anyone says they think I'm getting too thin, I'll pull out the chart and show them what is a healthy weight for my height.

And just maybe they'll notice their own BMI while I'm at it!
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #23  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Next time try...

"Nope, I'm not anorexic. I don't make myself puke. But your concern about my weight loss and the possibility that I'm anorexic might make me puke."
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #24  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks so much Misti for the comment regarding my avatar.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote