Weightloss line graph?

• Does anyone know where I can find a weight loss line graph on the web? Not a chart but one that shows the line go up and down, well hopefully all down
    Thanks for the help!
    Diana
  • Fitday has that in the weight section. it's interesting to look at.
  • Yeah go to fitday. It's the only thing I use fitday for. I hate to enter in all my food it takes way to long and I just dont need it. But I love to see my weight go down.
  • Lifeclinic.com has neat ones
  • Thanks, I'll check those out now.
  • I plot my weight in Microsoft Excel. It's not too hard. I put the date in one column on a spreadsheet, and the weight in the next column of the spreadsheet, and then I do an x-y chart with date on x and weight on y. If you choose the one where it connects the dots, then you get a spiky line graph.

Ok, in my case it's spiky. It should be flat straight down!
  • ok On fitday it was more a BMI graph right? The life clinic one is exactly what I was looking for. I did think of excel, but wasn;t sure how to put the date in the first column so it would know its a date. But now that you said it works Kitty, I'll have to try it afain.
    Thanks so much for all your help.
    Diana
  • If you want a line graph in Fitday, you first have to plug in your weight on the days you weigh in and save it.

Then, go to reports --> weight. Choose the length of time you want to look backward (anywhere from one week to one year).

I have all my weighins plugged in for over 1 1/2 years. You can only look at up to one year at a time, so I view them as two overlapping 1-year increments.

It's great to see that line going down!
  • Diana,

Dates in Excel: If you highlight a column and go to the Format menu at the top and choose "cells", you can pick how it deals with the number, and one of the options is "date". I use that, and scatter plot x-y with connecting lines, and it works just fine!

If you're a dork like me, you can do a linear fit and extrapolate to make predictions of how long it will take you to reach a certain weight based on how fast you've been losing so far!