Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #1  
Fat-be-gone

Default Lose it by July 4th---3 weeks to go

Good morning. I'm still at 231. <sigh> another challenge gone and I Have yet to succeed at one. Maybe I'm just not the challenge type. Oh well, might as well have some fun while I'm at it.

aimee-my mtv was out for almost a month. I have not seen any of my shows. I finally got it back last night and the hills started, a new RR/RW challenge and ....I'm just so overwhelmed. Good thing MTV re-plays their shows over and over and over again. I will be catching up this week while I get my workouts on.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #2  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Checking in...hit 203 this morning...this weeks huge loss was a surprise for me, but I love it.

Rosario - challenge or not, I think you really just have to want to do it. You'll get there.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I think there is wanting to do it, and just doing it. I've REALLY wanted to do this for years, and yet this is the first time I've stuck to something for more than a few weeks. I don't know what the difference is..

Rosario - we don't get The Hills here until June 21st, I don't know why MTV Canada would be different.. but I'm just glad we have it. heh. I haven't watched RR or RW, I don't think I should myself hooked or I'll never get out for a run/walk anymore! How has your snacking been lately? I bought baby carrots and kiwi hoping to snack on that this week.

So 3 weeks left? OMG! I am SO not ready for it to be that close! And I just found out that a girl I haven't seen for a long time is coming into town around July3rd, so even more a reason to lose more weight. I'm finally over my stomach flu (thank goodness!!!!!!), so I can exercise again.. I'm gonna work this butt off and get those 9 pounds off by the 4th!

I am off to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl
I think there is wanting to do it, and just doing it. I've REALLY wanted to do this for years, and yet this is the first time I've stuck to something for more than a few weeks. I don't know what the difference is..
Same here!

Only 3 weeks, oh gosh! I am at 190 and I want to be 170 still But here's to hoping for 180 instead!

I am so excited! I went last night and a bought a used fish tank off a guy in town. It is 65 gallons (36 gallons bigger then my current tank) - I got everything I need for $160. It isn't a beautiful tank or anything, but I saved a TON of money and my fish can stop fighting. They were getting far too big for their current tank. I have paid for it I just have to go pick it up once he gets it all cleaned.

AND EVEN better news! My parents have put an offer in on a house for us! It doesn't have an ocean view or anything like that, but it is super cute and nice! If everything goes thru we just have to pain and can be in there within a month! Clicky here to see it! And we have a basement suite to rent out, so if anyone wants to move to Naniamo we have room! haha

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

chicky-thing is I really want to do it. I need to and I know I can.

Aimee-i've been good so far. I don't have bad snacks at home or anything. It's ususally when I go out and go crazy at QuikTrip (they have awesome taquitos) or at the check out aisle at Target or Kroger. Today has been really good so far though. I brought my snacks and I didn't give in to temptation at Target. Woohoo for me. How's ur eating been??

courtnie-your parents are getting a house for you??!! Lucky you. It looks really cute. I hope it all goes well!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Rosario - they are buying the house as an investment, but at the same time we get to rent it! haha It is cute, I can't wait! My mom called a little well ago and it pretty much sounds like a done deal Good job with the eating, one day at a time and before you know it you get so used to it you don't even have to think about it.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #7  
Chicky

Rosario - I have no doubt that you CAN do it.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #8  

Rosario - I started out GREAT today, oatmeal and an apple, and a sandwich and some chips ( only 6 grams of fat for the chips), and then we went out for dinner tonight, I had 6 chicken wings (NOT breaded!), and half a wrap. Totally could have been worse, but definitely could have been better. I gotta get back on track 100%, lets have a 1 or 2 day challenge, where we exercise AND eat right, but just for 1 or 2 days. What do yah think?

Courtnie - I totally want my parents to buy me a house! Or wait.. can I be adopted into your family?

K, I am going to go get some cuddle time in with the bf.. ttyl!

-Aimee
Old 06-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Aimee - you can come live with me!

I did good yesterday right on calories until I made those muffins (honey bran) and had that popcorn... but not too bad I guess. But I don't really care. I feel so awful. My dad came here last night. My gramma passed away yesterday afternoon. I have never experience death before. My mom's dad died a couple years ago but it never felt like this. I feel so bad, I haven't been to see her in like two weeks. I wanted to go see her sunday but I went and looked at stupid houses instead. I thought I had more time. I feel so bad, I haven't been able to stop crying. I think I better go now.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #10  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

I think I might of gained. I really want this weight off. It will happen I just have to work much hard I guess.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone...wow its been a while since Ive been on here cant believe only 3 weeks left till the 4th. Hows everyone doing?

Courtnie: You doing great even if you dont make 170 by the fourth your still losing... but Im sure you'll get to 180.

Im finally at 126.5 took me two and a half weeks to lose a pound and a half,, but im almost there.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #12  

Courtnie - sorry to hear about your grandma, death is a hard thing to deal with. While it sounds so obvious.. but death is SO permanent. I'm 100% sure your grandma knew you loved her, and thats what matters. You need to focus on the good times, because at some level your grandma was ready to go, and it's easier and better to focus on good things. She's at peace now. On a different note, food isn't going to make this feel better, cry your eyes out!

-Aimee
Old 06-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  

Courtnie - I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl

-Aimee
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Whatever has me determined to suceed this time, I am greatful for it!!! I also realize that with every pound I lose, I become more determined to make it happen. I have worked too hard and am too proud of mysef to turn back now.

I weighed in yesterday and saw a 2lb loss, then I weighed in today and I am down 3.5 lbs lol, it may just be a weight fluctuation but I'll take it .. Of to update my ticker

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by Karma27; 06-13-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:27 AM   #14  
Chicky

Courtnie: So sorry for your loss. All I can say is honor her the best way you can, lean on others around you for support, and be the best support you can be. One day at a time.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Courtnie: I am so sorry for you losing your grandmother. We all live our lives day to day not realizing that our relationships here on earth can vanish in a split second. I lost my father suddenly when I was 18, and 23 years later I still have sad moments. That's okay; you're allowed to cry, get angry, and also smile at the good memories. I agree with Supersized Chicky, honor her for who you are and can become. Be your best!
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote