Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #16  

Alta, congratulations on sticking to protein and veggies at the graduation! It's hard when you have special occasions, but if you do need to indulge, try to treat yourself without going overboard, and work the rest of the day's intake around it. Sounds like you did fine at the graduation, though!

By the way, I have trouble finding the threads I posted to, too. Thanks for the search tip, Glory.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/174/150

Thanks Sienna

I have managed to lose all the weight I gained over the weekend's celebration..Also went out on Sunday afternoon and ate..stuff like chocolate cake and a piece of cheesecake which I love...but Monday went out running and Tues went hiking for 2 hours...today Wednesday I went out for a short run this morning and then sticking to protein drinks and low calorie lunch..dont know what I am going to do for dinner but would like to stick to a protein drink because I went to get over that 171.00 hump...want to be at a least 169 and even stay there for a while if I really have to..it is so discouraging to stay in the lower 170's for so long.
Alta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #18  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
Beach Patrol -- I think you've done great losing 20 lbs. I wish I could get that much off....It has taken me 7 weeks to lose 11 lbs. Now I have to think about losing another 18 lbs. by August 15th which is my goal date.
Gracious day honey! - that "20 pounds" has been since about a few years ago. Seriously. 178 was my HIGHEST weight ever. I've gained & lost & gained & lost & gained & lost 20-40 pounds in my adult life. The last bout was a start off of 165 (Jan 2005) and by September 2005 I was 138. Then an old injury flared up, I COULDN'T exercise, and started "eating bad" again.... and by Jan 2006, I was 152, and by the end of February I was 163. Since Feb'06 I have only lost FIVE pounds. But hey, it's better than nothing, right?

Quote:
I found this site FitDay which is really good...You write down your foods for the day and it calculates your calories for you and you can even journal. Spent lots of time on that site today.
Yeah, that's funny. I found that site today, too! But I had actually found it a while back... just lost it. Back on it now. ~whew!~

Quote:
I am trying very hard...I can drink protein drinks and bars and then one low caloric meal a day...but I cant do it at all...Having too many social events the last week and I broke the diet each day...Today I went to a graduation party and stuck to protein (chicken) and vegetables..stayed aways from carbs completely.
Good for you!! Every little victory is a BIG victory.

As for me... my "friend" left this morning. Actually, some GOOD news... she has lost 36 pounds! She was 268, now she's 232, and she's got a goal weight of 140. However, she hasn't been very "good" (she said) for the past couple months. Hasn't been walking regularly, and eating a bit too much "junk".

I tried to get her to walk while she was here - on the beach, around the neighborhood - she just didn't want to; too tired, etc. We didn't eat too bad while she was here, altho we didn't eat "too good" either... She usually didnt' have breakfast, but I ate fruit... we snacked on fresh cut up veggies (peppers, cucumbers, carrots, etc.) while beaching, but also snacked on Wheat Thins (Ranch, Parmasean Basil, Low Sodium). One night for dinner we had seafood (went to my favorite restaurant) where she had fried shrimp and steamed veggies while I had baked flounder & garlic shrimp. We both had caesar salad (big !!!!) and both had water w/lemon to drink.

Another night we had pizza and one night we had sub sandwich (the healthy kind!) - so really, overall, maybe we weren't TOO BAD... but on her trip down? ...she was scarfing bite-size Almond Joys and Reece's PeanutButter Cups.

So as you can see... it WAS a hard time. But today... hopefully, I'm back on track. Gotta go to the gym when I get off work... in about half an hour

I soooo wanna lose about 1.5 pounds per week. That is NOT unreasonable. Dagnabit!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #19  
hara hachi bu

Well, kudos for the good choices you *did* make! It could have been a lot worse. And now that the visit is over, you can go back to focusing on yourself and your goals.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote