3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Moving Out... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/87246-moving-out.html)

Trixie14 06-20-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky
Just to be clear, I never implied that I thought you were stupid. Your original post ask that people take a look at your budget and offer an suggestions of things you might have missed. You had not mentioned savings - so I suggested it. I apologize if my advice came across as condescending in any way. It wasn't intended to be!

Savings would be in the 'other' category.

Here is a new budget:

Rent - $500
Groceries - $400
TV, Net, Cell - $140
Cigs/Gas - $160-$220
Insurance - Around $200
Saving - $200
Total - $1600-$1660

BF Income - $1600-$1700/mth maybe more with any Overtime
Me - $300 - $500/mth (Part Time)
Total - $1900 - $2200

sotypical 06-20-2006 03:02 PM

Trixie14 - please don't take this the wrong way. I get the feeling we are upsetting you and making you feel worse.

None of us are meaning to do that, we are simply trying to help you by teaching us where we went wrong. I want to tell you something that I left about before because it is very personal for me.

Like I mentioned I spent the last 10 or so years with my with step dad and a lot of that time was not so happy and I always felt like you, I always worried about stuff that really wasn't important.

Last May/June my mom went thru rehab when she got out in June I went to the same center and took a one week course. Where I sat for 6 days, 10 hours a day, and delted with my hate for this man. When I left 6 days later I realized how much time I had spent worrying about such petty thing things. How I missed SOOO MUCH because I was always so concerned that I was being treated unfairly. I never felt better in my life, it really was a breath of fresh air.

I always thought that none of this stuff really bothered me, but it did and it really does MESS YOU UP! You need to take everything as a gain of sand, in one ear and out the other. Worry about NO ONE, NO ONE AT ALL, but you, because in the end you are the only person that is important to you. Who cares if she gets free rent and you boyfriend doesn't, who cares if her mom has no backbone, who cares, who cares, who cares. This doesn't have to effect you, but you are letting it. You are on control of you, you CAN NOT control anyone else so don't even try.

Now please don't rip my head off, I meant all that in the best way possible.

idest 06-20-2006 03:06 PM

sotypical,

it feels really good to let go, doesn't it? Good for you for figuring this out so early. It took me a LOT longer! :)

sotypical 06-20-2006 03:12 PM

idest - letting go really is one of the best feelings in the world. It is nice to know that you are in control of feelings. (for the most part, haha)

Trixie14 06-20-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotypical
Trixie14 - please don't take this the wrong way. I get the feeling we are upsetting you and making you feel worse.

None of us are meaning to do that, we are simply trying to help you by teaching us where we went wrong. I want to tell you something that I left about before because it is very personal for me.

Like I mentioned I spent the last 10 or so years with my with step dad and a lot of that time was not so happy and I always felt like you, I always worried about stuff that really wasn't important.

Last May/June my mom went thru rehab when she got out in June I went to the same center and took a one week course. Where I sat for 6 days, 10 hours a day, and delted with my hate for this man. When I left 6 days later I realized how much time I had spent worrying about such petty thing things. How I missed SOOO MUCH because I was always so concerned that I was being treated unfairly. I never felt better in my life, it really was a breath of fresh air.

I always thought that none of this stuff really bothered me, but it did and it really does MESS YOU UP! You need to take everything as a gain of sand, in one ear and out the other. Worry about NO ONE, NO ONE AT ALL, but you, because in the end you are the only person that is important to you. Who cares if she gets free rent and you boyfriend doesn't, who cares if her mom has no backbone, who cares, who cares, who cares. This doesn't have to effect you, but you are letting it. You are on control of you, you CAN NOT control anyone else so don't even try.

Now please don't rip my head off, I meant all that in the best way possible.

I understand what your saying, and I've always been this way, I can't let anything go, and I worry constantly about things, I hate being this way but I can't help it, when I posted here I just wanted to know how my budget looked, if I had missed any bills and such, and maybe a little bit of understanding, but I just feel like no one gets what I'm trying to say and where I'm coming from, were just so tired of their crap, and my bf is totally different than me, he can forget about something and just let it slide so easily, which makes it hard for me to talk to him about moving out, among other things, he wants to and thinks its a good idea but he doesn't want to deal with it he just wants it to be done, and I know he is sick of them too, but instead of dealing with it and finding a solution he just ignores it....and I know I should just ignore it and let it go but its just so hard, I'm so tired of getting hurt and feeling like no one understands me, and being treated like crap. I think the solution is to move out, were 20, we should be on our own anyway, and maybe I need to find a way to deal with all my build up frustration and anger from everything thats happened in my life. I havn't had it easy, I too have a stepdad and I hated him so much, we got along great until my brother was born, then I was pushed aside b/c I wasn't his kid, I don't resent my brother for it, I love him more than anything in the world, and maybe he didn't mean to be that way but I was a girl, and I was getting older, he didnt understand me anymore, and he had his own son....I've been in foster care, I don't talk to my dad for reason's I'd rather not say b/c it is embarrassing and personal, among other numerous things...I think part of the reason I can't lose weight and I always give up is b/c of my childhood, subconciously I'm holding on to my weight for protection...everyone thinks I need to talk to a counsellor...but I would feel so stupid sitting there talking to some stranger about my problems, that are probably insignificant to what someone else is going through..I've always thought of writing a book (maybe not to be published but to help myself sort things out) but when I try to write my mind becomes jumbled and i get a million thoughts and words swirling around in my head that I can't think.....I understand your all just trying to help....but again I just feel like everyone doesn't really understand what I'm trying to get across, no one is living here, so no one knows exactly how it is, so their assuming...and I guess thats all they can do is assume....the only one who can really understand how it is for me is me...

sotypical 06-20-2006 03:32 PM

You have it right, the only person who can understand how it is for you is you. Even though you boyfriend lives in the same place even he can't understand. My best suggestion is for you to find a new place to live and just say, okay were leaving now. Take control, tell you boyfriend he can come if he wants. My boyfriend and I moved into his aunt's basment suite about 6 months, I wont get into any details but I HATE IT, sometimes I think I will kill them if I dont get out of them, so I told him, "I am moving, you can come if you want." I found a new place to live and that was that. We move in two weeks.

Only you know what is best for you. This is his family, it is much easier for him to deal with them and he will never understand how you feel because he sees things different. Just get out and don't look back. Start fresh!

sotypical 06-20-2006 03:34 PM

There are two books called Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie (I think?) They are a daily reading book, you read a small passage everyday. That is what we read while in this program, it was GREAT!

Jen415 06-20-2006 03:35 PM

I understand what you are saying.

But here is the reality: Life is not fair.

The only one who can change your situation is you. You are on the right road to doing so, by making a budget and getting a job. I think you are showing a lot of maturity for a girl your age.

Just remember though, Trixie--when it comes to posting on a forum like this, be careful asking for advice--you just might get more than you bargained for.

Don't ask me how I know.....

sotypical 06-20-2006 03:35 PM

I actually found this! Looks like they post the passage everyday, maybe from different books tho:
http://www.hazelden.org/servlet/haze...&page_id=25020

sotypical 06-20-2006 03:40 PM

I think we actually watched some SUPER SUPER old movie that she made, and I was like OMG that's MY LIFE!!! HOW DID SHE KNOW? haha it was awesome

I just saw on that site, they actually have the passages from all differen't daily books. I was just thinking about buying the book, see if I can't find it off ebay but maybe I don't even need to buy it!

Glory87 06-20-2006 05:01 PM

I was just wondering why you are only interested in working part time - are you still in school or something?

mudbugs 06-20-2006 05:58 PM

My only comment is, move out, you won't regret it. Times will be tough sometimes. Do not fret & sweat over the budget..if you HAVE to make it you will. Sometimes you will have to eat Hamburger Helper, without the "hamburger", but you will make it.

It's been 30 years ago, but I was thrown out of the house because I was dating a "hippie". We had to set up household without even a friggin' FORK. I did it, and I lived to talk about it, and you can do it, too.

sugarlove 06-20-2006 06:27 PM

All I can say is that, if you truly want to move out, you'll do whatever it takes to make it happen - regardless of what it means giving up or doing without. I think, though, you need to ask yourself - are you REALLY willing to do WHATEVER it takes to make it happen?

I read many of your blog entries - really, honestly, and without trying to be harsh, it doesn't come across that way. You mentioned a babysitting job that you were ultimately glad not to get as it would have meant getting up at 5AM every day - but then another entry outlined your plans for the day, and it was waking up at 10AM, taking an hour for yourself to "wake up", and then doing some exercise, showering, bit of schoolwork, TV, etc. You have to ask yourself what's more important - getting up at the crack of dawn and collecting a paycheck so you can move out, or having the luxury of time to do what you want all day? Nothing in life comes easy....this is coming from one who knows. For the most part, people who have, have because they work very hard for it. I got into my first apartment by saving literally EVERY penny I had - it meant that I didn't get to "treat" myself with books or CD's or other luxuries....even just every once in a while. Every penny mattered, and moving out mattered to me - I made the decision about what was most important.

Your budget seems reasonable - although I would caution that if getting an accurate car insurance quote is the make or break issue, you're likely going to find it very difficult to make ends meet as there will ALWAYS be an unexpected expense that comes up. If you can only just get by with every last penny accounted for, it will be tough going - it's not pretty to hear, but it's the truth. It won't be impossible - again, it's all about what you're willing to sacrifice to gain an apartment of your own.

Could you not get a paper route or something to make a little extra cash while you look for a full-time job? You mentioned a larger town close by, but that it would cost more in gas to get there - well, if you can get a full-time job there that you can't where you are now, the extra gas will be more than worth it. I do think that trying to do this when you're only able to contribute a couple hundred dollars a month, is less than ideal.

Trixie14 06-20-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarlove
All I can say is that, if you truly want to move out, you'll do whatever it takes to make it happen - regardless of what it means giving up or doing without. I think, though, you need to ask yourself - are you REALLY willing to do WHATEVER it takes to make it happen?

I read many of your blog entries - really, honestly, and without trying to be harsh, it doesn't come across that way. You mentioned a babysitting job that you were ultimately glad not to get as it would have meant getting up at 5AM every day - but then another entry outlined your plans for the day, and it was waking up at 10AM, taking an hour for yourself to "wake up", and then doing some exercise, showering, bit of schoolwork, TV, etc. You have to ask yourself what's more important - getting up at the crack of dawn and collecting a paycheck so you can move out, or having the luxury of time to do what you want all day? Nothing in life comes easy....this is coming from one who knows. For the most part, people who have, have because they work very hard for it. I got into my first apartment by saving literally EVERY penny I had - it meant that I didn't get to "treat" myself with books or CD's or other luxuries....even just every once in a while. Every penny mattered, and moving out mattered to me - I made the decision about what was most important.

Your budget seems reasonable - although I would caution that if getting an accurate car insurance quote is the make or break issue, you're likely going to find it very difficult to make ends meet as there will ALWAYS be an unexpected expense that comes up. If you can only just get by with every last penny accounted for, it will be tough going - it's not pretty to hear, but it's the truth. It won't be impossible - again, it's all about what you're willing to sacrifice to gain an apartment of your own.

Could you not get a paper route or something to make a little extra cash while you look for a full-time job? You mentioned a larger town close by, but that it would cost more in gas to get there - well, if you can get a full-time job there that you can't where you are now, the extra gas will be more than worth it. I do think that trying to do this when you're only able to contribute a couple hundred dollars a month, is less than ideal.

Yeah sure working in the bigger town where I used to live full time would be great, and would make up for the gas, but how am I supposed to get there?? I already said I don't have my G2, so I can't drive alone, my bf's mom can't drive me she works all day and my bf works rotating shifts, so I dont think an employer would be too happy about having to work around his schedule so he can drive me. I'm working one day a week right now, while I'm looking for something else, I don't care if its full time or part time, I would prefer babysitting though just b/c that is what I enjoy, but I will take something else if I can get babysitting. I WANTED that babysitting job so bad, I was really excited about it actually, it was 3 weeks of getting up at 5am, I wouldnt like it but big f'n deal, its money. She told me she would call me friday or saturday and didn't end up calling until 9pm sunday night when I would have started monday morning at 5am, and told me she didn't need me. I'm in talks with another family right now about a FULL TIME babysitting job, and I really really hope I get this one. In the end I will do what I have to, even if I might not like it, if I have to go work full time in the factory my bf works at, I'll do it. My blog is just a place for my personal thoughts, and to help me gets things off my chest that I'm pissed off about, so half the stuff on there is written in the heat of the moment, where something happened and I just need SOMETHING to talk to to get it out so I can feel better and a blog doesn't talk back, it just lets you type whatever you want.

Trixie14 06-20-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87
I was just wondering why you are only interested in working part time - are you still in school or something?

I will work either, and yes I am still in school. Im finishing up 2 high school courses that I'm hoping to be done the beginning of November since I start them in September I just finished 6, and then I plan on doing a college course, probably a course to get my ECE diploma, or something else with kids.