Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

Unhappy Bathing Suit Season

Well, it has finally been hot enough that everyone in the neighborhood has been hitting the pools. Last year when bathing suit season hit I had just had a baby so even though I was at my heaviest point ever I wasn't as saggy as I thought I could be. But now... I have started losing weight in preparation for WLS. Not much yet almost 25 lbs. However, I am seeing a difference in my shape. This thing on my front that the lovingly call an apron, I personally call it that thing I shove in my pants every morning, just seems to be getting closer and closer to my knees; and now it even peeks out of the bottom of every bathing suit I own. I am only 26 and find the swimdresses to be matronly, and this thing with a life of its own even peeks out of boy shorts. I am afraid that I will just have to avoid the pool for the summer. Anyone know of any bathing suits that will work for this.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

I bought a great swim suit. It's actually called a swim dress.

Here's the link to get you to the suit I bought.

And I just want to say that 25 lbs is a huge deal! It's nearly 10 % of your body weight. That's something to be proud of
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:44 AM   #3  
Fearless and Free

Awww, thats tough. I can relate to dealing with "the apron" or whatever you want to call it. I am so self concious of mine and I can't wait until I lose it!

((((Huggles)))))
Tirzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 AM   #4  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I never knew what to call that hateful reminder of all those pounds I am trying to lose! I can't help you on the swim suit. I'm still covering up with a t-shirt. Nothing seems to hide my "apron", although I did buy a new suit this year through Lands End that works better.
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Im vowing that next year I will be looking good ,or better than I have ever looked in a swim suit !!!
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:40 AM   #6  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

OMG Libby that suit is SO CUTE
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #7  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I think everyone has those problem areas. My "apron" is almost gone but my thighs are so big I would never walk out of the house with a swim suit one.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:00 AM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I always wear a t-shirt when and that isn't very often when I wear a swim suit. But I agree, Libby that is a very cute swimsuit! I need to buy a new one as I think the one I have is a size 18? Holy Moly! Can you tell its been a long while since I've been swimming!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #9  

I bought matching shorts to go with my bathing suit. I have just a regular one piece, and then I have a pair of just cotton shorts I wear over. Seems to hide a lot.
good luck
Kathy
Sluggersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

I found a few suits I like at JCPenney. The new styles with the attached sarong may work best for me.

Thank you for everyones help.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:05 PM   #11  

I always wear a suit and board shorts.....long board shorts. Not because anything is sticking out, but I wakeboard and it keeps the back of my thighs from getting burnt. They have some really cute ones, I know Old Navy has them up to a size 20. Bathing suits are all bad for anyone with an inch of fat. We are all going through the same struggle.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I recommend suits by "It Figures". They sell them at QVC, some Fashion Bug Plus stores, but you can also get them on Ebay for cheaper. (They are expensive suits-but WORTH IT.)

They have them for various figure problems-big tummy, heavy hips/legs, big bust...

They are very well made, and also come in regular sizes, as well as plus sizes. I think this is great-because even when I lose a lot of weight and am near goal-I still won't wear a string bikini because I have a lot of stretch marks on my hips and upper thighs from my pregnancies. I like the sarong bottomed ones, swimdresses, and skortinis. (It Figures! Has skortinis, which are basically like a tankini swimsuit-a 2 piece tank top and shorts-except they are cut looser like regular shorts, rather than the little skin tight boy shorts. They are VERY flattering, and would cover up your apron nicely.

Here is a link to their suits-please click on one of their "skortini" styles. Be sure when you look at the link, to click on the "More View" link under the suit picture. It will show a woman (and not a stick thin model) actually wearing it.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...=7&search.y=10

If you go through their suits, you will also notice that their shortinis, skirtinis (2 piece tankinis with a SKIRT bottom), sarong suits, and swimdresses are cut a tad longer and nicer than ones that you buy at Wal-Mart. They are very flattering.

If you like them-go on Ebay and see if you can find one at a cheaper price!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote