3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Things are bad here... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/85037-things-bad-here.html)

aerotigergirl 05-22-2006 02:48 PM

Things are bad here...

Hi everyone. Sorry about my absence over the past couple of weeks. It's been a trying time, and I've fallen off the wagon, so I'm here to share my failures so that I can get started again...

Two weeks ago, my fiancee and I split up after dating for 14 years. I've had trouble dealing with the loss. I also went on a trip (which was fantastic) to see some friends I hadn't seen in years, and I did some emotional eating while I was there. Since I've been back, my gym has been closed for an entire week, so I haven't done as much exercise as I would have liked. It's been difficult to get back into my routine with meals and exercise, and I fear that I've not lost any in the past 2-3 weeks. I don't know this for sure, because I am scared to go near a scale, but I haven't made good choices recently, and I'm sure it's bound to show up somewhere.

Please wish me good luck and strength to keep going. It's been really hard to deal with losing my relationship after all these years. I keep forgetting that I'm still worth all this effort---i still deserve a nice body, i still deserve to feel healthy and good about myself---even though I'm terribly sad.

Thanks for listening everyone, I hope to get back on my plan today.

sli 05-22-2006 02:57 PM

YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!!!!
I am sorry about your problems right now but you need to do whats best for you. I know that you can get back on the right track!
Good luck!!!!!!

pinkroses 05-22-2006 03:04 PM

Good luck to you I am sorry for what you are going through. Pinkroses.

PeeB 05-22-2006 03:12 PM

Aerotiger, I have seen a lot of what you have had to say, about yourself, and to others. You are a really neat girl, and you SO deserve to feel healthy and sexy and young, and you WILL.
Dont fret over this speedbump, its nothing in the overall process. Just jump right back in there, and start working toward where youre going.

dalai_lala 05-22-2006 03:15 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
So sorry, dear... Keep your chin up and get back to your plan. At least if you feel sad you'll still feel healthy.

-Lala

phantastica 05-22-2006 03:24 PM

Owie. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hate the interdependence of dating and dieting in my life. They're somehow tied in my mind.

I don't know if you want any advice or not, but what I needed to hear when I was in this situation was to deliberately do things to care for yourself. Get enough sleep, social connections, healthy food, and exercise. Hang in there and take care ...

Angel33 05-22-2006 03:35 PM

Like Sli said, YOU SO DESERVE TO BE HAPPY AND YOU ARE SO WORTH IT.
I'm sorry to see that you're having a tough time right now. Please know that we are here for you.
Keep you chin up, you can do this.:hug:

srmb60 05-22-2006 03:38 PM

I agree with PeeB. All I know of you is from your postings here but I think you're a fine wee thing too. exDf obviously doesn't know quality when he sees it ;)
I'm glad you had fun with your friends. And welcome back. I am always glad to see your posts.

blues4miles 05-22-2006 03:43 PM

Aerotigergirl here's a :hug: from me, my heart goes out to you. 14 years is nothing you're going to get over in a day, but maybe you can throw yourself into good eating and lots of exercise. Keep yourself busy is my advice, I find that's good for lots of things. I know your body will be fine, I am only sad for your poor, breaking heart. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

kykaree 05-22-2006 03:48 PM

Thank goodness you're alive!!! I was gonna send out the Lancashire Fusiliers looking for you!!!

As everyone has said, you're a lovely young thing, and you deserve nothing but the best!

So go out there and grab it young lady!

pixiefalls 05-22-2006 04:05 PM

I remember when you first came here and started your journey. I know you've got some tough obstacles at the moment but I think you will become a stronger person and just remember that you DO deserve a healthy YOU:)!

veggielover 05-22-2006 05:46 PM

aerotigergirl- I know it must be hard, so don't be hard on yourself. 14 years is just too significant of a chunk of life, so being emotional and emotional eating would be unavoidable to some people. Personally, I would've ate the whole ice cream section of the supermarket, and I'm sure you didnt do that! I think you have a great mentality, and you'll be back on your feet in no time!

aerotigergirl 05-22-2006 06:13 PM

Thanks so much, everyone. Hearing supportive words like this really does help right now. Since I've fallen off the wagon, I've felt like I've not only betrayed myself, but all of you, too. It's so hard to think each day that I can't come here and celebrate the days successes with you all because I've not stuck to my plan successfully. But, those days are over. You're all right! I should remember that I'm worth it, even if I am now on my own, and let that be something to give me strength.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your support! :) I promise to be present more often in the upcoming weeks.

ArtsyGirl 05-22-2006 06:27 PM

:hug: to you at this difficult time.

I agree completely with all the comments on you being a bright and wonderful person. I know I can always look for your posts to be down to earth and encouraging. I hope we can give you some of that encouragement right now. No magic word will make your heart feel better, but all the little words of day to day life will make it bearable. I am very sorry for this loss in your life, but you are strong and you can make it. I am glad you have "re-found" all your forum buddies. Hang in there.

shananigans 05-22-2006 06:30 PM

I’m so sorry. :hug: It’s good to hear that you had a nice visit with friends, you need all the support you can get right now. So you’re having a rough time and fell off the wagon for a wee bit, don’t sweat it. I’ve been known to reach for food or put off exercise for far lesser reasons. You are so worth this and you will be OK. Take care and take the time you need to heal. We’ll all still be here rooting for you!