Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2006, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default So Curious!

I am so curiuos to see what I will look like as I lose weight! I look in the mirror and try to imagine what I will look like with this bulge or that lump gone lol Does anyone else do this? I wonder if our guesses are even close to reality? Hmm for those of you at or close to goal... did you imagine right? or better or worse?
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have the exact same shape, I still have big thighs and a belly and saddlebags. Everything is just smaller. At first, it was kind of hard to accept I would never look like Cindy Crawford in a bikini, but I am so much happier at my current weight, I am starting to love my body for what it is - MINE!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes! I stand in front of the mirror and pull my stomach in, I make muscles, I pull my thigh lumps around to the back. I even got the digital camera out the other day to see what I really look like from the back. BTW I looked about like I thought with a flash over my head

I think this is good. A long time ago, I read a book that suggested the reader take a good long look at themselves naked in a mirror (it was for motivation I think) I couldn't do it. In fact, I think I stopped reading the book right then and there.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #4  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I do that alot. I've always been overweight, so I really have a hard time imagining myself not being overweight. But one day I won't have to imagine anymore. At least that is what I'm hoping. I see many people on here and other places online that have done such a great job and have done what I want to do, that it definately gives me hope that I can accomplish that as well. It's just going to take time, and I'm willing to wait it out.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Well-if you are a pear shape-then whether you are 280 or 140, you are still going to be a pear shape. (smaller on top, bigger on the bottom...) and so forth.
Your body "type" is something that you cannot change-no matter what.

I went from 211 to 164 before I got pregnant-and I still had the same body shape. What does change, though, is you can get shapelier, and firmer, and tighter-IF you are exercising. If you are losing weight without exercise to shape things up-then you are going to end up smaller, but still with flabby thighs, or flappy arms-or whatever your flaws were when you started. Exercise is the biggest key to looking BETTER, as well as getting smaller in size.

Your diet can make you smaller and weigh less-but exercise is the only way to get firm thighs, or flat abs.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

It doesn't bother me to see myself naked in the mirror. Although my body is not perfect and never will be, it's a lot better than it was. My tummy is still rounder than I had hoped, but it's not too bad. My arms a little flappy but I really expected worse. Hips and thighs aren't bad with all the walking that I've done. I do need a breast lift worse than ever, but will have to wait til I save the money for that. I was a V shape to start with and still am. Hope this helps to give you some idea.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I agree with the shape comment. I've been a size 4 and over size 18 during my adult years. No matter what size I wear, I still have big thighs and big boobs. Now that my daughter is 22, I don't have to look in the mirror to imagine, I just look at her and see myself thin, LOL
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

I look to see and try to guess how many more pounds I need to lose to change one body part or another. Makes for an interesting morning sometimes.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #9  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
I have the exact same shape, I still have big thighs and a belly and saddlebags. Everything is just smaller. At first, it was kind of hard to accept I would never look like Cindy Crawford in a bikini, but I am so much happier at my current weight, I am starting to love my body for what it is - MINE!
I had the same experience. Some parts that weren't my worst (calves, I've always had small and nice calves) began to look even better in a flash but all my problem areas are still problem areas! I do notice though that my biggest problem area (stomach) is smaller. I can't say as I feel great about it yet, since everything else shrunk too it doesn't LOOK that much smaller, but I can suck it in more than I used to
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #10